Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Mad that his name sounds like a blast from the past, and he's only what, 25?
He was on the bench v Westmeath in the league, he came on as a sub, unless my mind is playing tricks on me
Yep, had forgotten about him as well until I saw him last night!
Looks to have bulked up a lot, and impressed in every aspect of the game last night.
Was at Westmeath game but don't remember him making any meaningful impact ( a forgettable game anyway). Surprised that he didn't get more of an opportunity in the league.

Why is it that people feel the need to dash in here with injury GOSSIP & stoke up the injury armageddon scenario?

And if it's not gossip then whoever is spreading the unsolicited, unofficial, word needs to have a talk with themselves.

Let's face it, everyone posting here is probably 1 degree of separation from the squad, we all hear stuff, personally don't see how it benefits anyone to share it or pass it on.
Is that not what this thread is for? That is what I and I would say most people on here read it for. I for one don't have as much sources compared to some on here and there isn't many other current news or updates on the squad anywhere else. (Apologies if the spelling or wording isn't fully correct, currently typing this with a broken finger :ROFLMAO: )

Is that not what this thread is for? That is what I and I would say most people on here read it for. I for one don't have as much sources compared to some on here and there isn't many other current news or updates on the squad anywhere else. (Apologies if the spelling or wording isn't fully correct, currently typing this with a broken finger :ROFLMAO: )
I sincerely hope that broken finger wasn't sustained playing hurling because if it was you are only further stoking the injury Armageddon fire😜

Sure isn’t everything here a form of gossip, I mean even all the posts about team selection and the merits of one player over another at this stage of the season are just chit chat.. unless you are in the team camp you haven’t a bulls notion what is going on with the team or individual players. The closest relatives and friends of those in the camp don’t know, ask or be told either. Everything here is uninformed opinions.. that’s what is great about GAA .. the different opinions and conversations it creates, it divides us and unites us like nothing else

Sure isn’t everything here a form of gossip, I mean even all the posts about team selection and the merits of one player over another at this stage of the season are just chit chat.. unless you are in the team camp you haven’t a bulls notion what is going on with the team or individual players. The closest relatives and friends of those in the camp don’t know, ask or be told either. Everything here is uninformed opinions.. that’s what is great about GAA .. the different opinions and conversations it creates, it divides us and unites us like nothing else
Here here

its

not so sure
closer to 11 i would guess the roches twomey and dalton or power will miss out
Not a bad team you named there. I reckon Brian Roche is rated slightly ahead of Meade by the management, so I'd be confident he would be picked. Eoin Roche didn't feature as much in the league, apparently he was (and maybe still is) injured, so not such an obvious choice. If O'Donoghue is fit he certainly starts, if not I'd say either Roche or O'Callaghan will get the nod.

Twomey has seen v little game time during the league (though he did have a decent Fitzgibbon), so would be a bit of a punt if selected. Personally I would have Dalton and either Twomey or O'Mahony on the wings. Dalton got a decent amount of game time so I would see him as a good bet to start if fit. However, based on league selections Ryan seems keen on Lehane and Kingston, so they might be included at the expense (from your team) probably of Power and Twomey.

So of the lads you named who you think might not make the cut, I'd be fairly confident that Dalton and Brian Roche will be selected, and I'd say at least one of the other three will get in as well.

Not a bad team you named there. I reckon Brian Roche is rated slightly ahead of Meade by the management, so I'd be confident he would be picked. Eoin Roche didn't feature as much in the league, apparently he was (and maybe still is) injured, so not such an obvious choice. If O'Donoghue is fit he certainly starts, if not I'd say either Roche or O'Callaghan will get the nod.

Twomey has seen v little game time during the league (though he did have a decent Fitzgibbon), so would be a bit of a punt if selected. Personally I would have Dalton and either Twomey or O'Mahony on the wings. Dalton got a decent amount of game time so I would see him as a good bet to start if fit. However, based on league selections Ryan seems keen on Lehane and Kingston, so they might be included at the expense (from your team) probably of Power and Twomey.

So of the lads you named who you think might not make the cut, I'd be fairly confident that Dalton and Brian Roche will be selected, and I'd say at least one of the other three will get in as well.
I’ll be shocked if Brian Roche and Declan Dalton aren’t starting championship, both have helped transform the team this year

Sean O Donoghue will struggle to make the waterford game, with EDowney suspended I reckon the full back line will be NOLeary, DCahalane and one from ERoche, COCallaghan, COBrien and GMillerick in the corner

Not so sure Pat Ryan is as keen on Lehane and Kingston as you make out. Hard workers and ball winners are central to Pats template, both of them bring little in those departments. If Robbie is fit he starts with Kingston as plan b, Lehane is in a battle with Hoggy, SBarrett, PPower and BHayes for the two full foward slots alongside Robbie. I think he’ll go Hoggy and Power

I’ll be shocked if Brian Roche and Declan Dalton aren’t starting championship, both have helped transform the team this year

Sean O Donoghue will struggle to make the waterford game, with EDowney suspended I reckon the full back line will be NOLeary, DCahalane and one from ERoche, COCallaghan, COBrien and GMillerick in the corner

Not so sure Pat Ryan is as keen on Lehane and Kingston as you make out. Hard workers and ball winners are central to Pats template, both of them bring little in those departments. If Robbie is fit he starts with Kingston as plan b, Lehane is in a battle with Hoggy, SBarrett, PPower and BHayes for the two full foward slots alongside Robbie. I think he’ll go Hoggy and Power
Not so sure Hayes will be on their list to make the starting 15 tbh r&b, more on the list of lads trying to make the matchday panel. He hasn't really even put in a good performance since the Munster League.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Pat Carey

The Welcome Inn, Today @ 10:30pm

More events ▼