Cork Hurlers - Part 2

But if he isn’t injured now why should his past record go against him? He’s in flying form and has been consistent in the league.
Not so sure that he has. Wasn’t great against Limerick, very good against Galway, poor against Wexford and went off injured against Clare without having scored from play. Now I didn’t see Clare match so I’ll reserve judgement on that but he’s been very inconsistent to me.

If Consistency was a standard for this team, half the team wouldnt be selected.
DC at three is asking for trouble
Mahony although injured for most of league cannot be selected based on a "Yerra throw him in there"
I’d argue Kingston is more consistent.

I agree on Mahony. Not played nearly enough hurling. I’m very worried about our injuries

1.P Collins
2.S.O Donoughue
3.R.Downey
4.C.O Callaghan
5.T.O Connell
6.C.Joyce
7.G.Millerick
8.D.Fitz
9.T.O Mahony
10.D.Dalton
11.S.Harnedy
12.S.Barrett
13.J.O Connor
14.P.Horgan
15.R.O Flynn
16.G.Collins
17.S.Kingston
18.B.Cunningham
19.C.Lehane
20.C.Cahalane
21.D.Cahalane
22.B.Roche
23.E.Roche
24.E.Twomey
25.P.Power
26.N.O Leary

If Sean O'Donoghue starts then Tim O'Mahony starts, Sean hasn't played for nearly 3 months. If Cork have put more emphasis on S&C and physicality then the more physical players have to start, I'd start Sean and Tim all day long. The team isn't just about playing Waterford, it's a mission of 4 games whereby they have to win at least 2 and hopefully the third. If Sean and Tim play v Waterford they build match practice for Tipp.

AllCork32

You haven't even included Conor Lehane as a sub, I wouldn't rule out they starting him v Waterford.

I believe you picked the correct backs in the wrong positions. Everyone is picking Rob Downey wing-back based on the Kilkenny game but he hardly started on teams here before Nowlan Park. If he's full back he gives size to that full-back line and bring Ger Millerick out to 7 moving Sean back to his customary corner position.

Corksupporter5588754

I like your team but apparently Conor O'Callaghan is injured so for me Niall O'Leary comes into that slot.

Also I'd start Padraig Power instead of Jack O'Connor and probably introduce Jack late on in the game.

Not so sure that he has. Wasn’t great against Limerick, very good against Galway, poor against Wexford and went off injured against Clare without having scored from play. Now I didn’t see Clare match so I’ll reserve judgement on that but he’s been very inconsistent to me.
DD got a crucial goal that won us the game vs Limerick but Ill be first to admit he wasn't exactly firing on all cylinders that day, My MOTM vs Galway, I wouldn't poor at all vs Wexford but instead was actually one of our best players (Which wasn't hard considering the lethargic performance by many that day). He worked his socks off that day even though he didn't contribute much on the scoreboard. I travelled to the shithole that is Ennis that day, him and Seamy were on a flyer that game before both having to come off injured. Overall if your picking off consistency then in
AllCork32

You haven't even included Conor Lehane as a sub, I wouldn't rule out they starting him v Waterford.

I believe you picked the correct backs in the wrong positions. Everyone is picking Rob Downey wing-back based on the Kilkenny game but he hardly started on teams here before Nowlan Park. If he's full back he gives size to that full-back line and bring Ger Millerick out to 7 moving Sean back to his customary corner position.
Conor Lehane is the most inconsistent player on the panel and still loyalty merchants on here will keep putting up posts saying "erra he's a confidence player", and those pathetic excuses wouldn't be thrown around if he was a young fella. This isn't to say I don't think PR will put him in the 26, this is me saying I wouldn't / don't want him in my team. I have no doubt PR will put him in the 26, I just don't think he's the best option.

I didn't pick Rob at 7 just because of the Kilkenny game, I picked him there because he has shown that that's his best position. He's too slow at 3 and he's proven to be a liability back there before.

The thought of GM marking Gearoid Hegarty sends shivers down my spine! He's just too small / skinny.

DD got a crucial goal that won us the game vs Limerick but Ill be first to admit he wasn't exactly firing on all cylinders that day, My MOTM vs Galway, I wouldn't poor at all vs Wexford but instead was actually one of our best players (Which wasn't hard considering the lethargic performance by many that day). He worked his socks off that day even though he didn't contribute much on the scoreboard. I travelled to the shithole that is Ennis that day, him and Seamy were on a flyer that game before both having to come off injured. Overall if your picking off consistency then in

Conor Lehane is the most inconsistent player on the panel and still loyalty merchants on here will keep putting up posts saying "erra he's a confidence player", and those pathetic excuses wouldn't be thrown around if he was a young fella. This isn't to say I don't think PR will put him in the 26, this is me saying I wouldn't / don't want him in my team. I have no doubt PR will put him in the 26, I just don't think he's the best option.

I didn't pick Rob at 7 just because of the Kilkenny game, I picked him there because he has shown that that's his best position. He's too slow at 3 and he's proven to be a liability back there before.

The thought of GM marking Gearoid Hegarty sends shivers down my spine! He's just too small / skinny.
He was taken off after 50 minutes against Wexford though and when Harnedy came on for him he changed the game.

I know some are big fans of his but I remain unconvinced. I’d love if he proved me wrong.

Corksupporter5588754

I like your team but apparently Conor O'Callaghan is injured so for me Niall O'Leary comes into that slot.

Also I'd start Padraig Power instead of Jack O'Connor and probably introduce Jack late on in the game would work either
Padraig Power could definitely start I just think him and Kingston would have a better impact coming off the bench

He was taken off after 50 minutes against Wexford though and when Harnedy came on for him he changed the game.

I know some are big fans of his but I remain unconvinced. I’d love if he proved me wrong.
No doubt Harnedy made a big impact but id have taken off any of the other forwards except power before taking off Dec. I also don't think Dec was taken off because he was poor I think it was because 1. He was wrecked and had played a part in almost every game before that and 2. Seamy and Deccie are similar players which meant the style of play / shape didn't have to change to accommodate for two ball winners.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tom Odell
Live At The Marquee

25th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Afro House and Amapiano

Old Oak, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼