Cork Hurlers - Part 2

The league is a joke 1 or 2 counties going for it plus Kilkenny the rest using it as 5 challenge matches.So what if we lose all our matches trying out new players we will always win the relegation playoff .Until they make the hurling league light the football with promotion and relegation i for one will not be attending any away challenge matches.

Had 20 minutes to kill before collecting my daughter this evening. Ryan and Co will have their work cut out to narrow this down, and I prob left out a good few. Goalkeepers Patrick Collins Ger Collins Eoin Davis Brian Saunderson Defenders Daire O Leary Damien Cahalane Ben O Connor Ger Millerick Ryan Walsh Kevin Lyons Niall O Leary Robert Downey Eoin Downey Sean O Donoghue Sean O Leary Hayes Daire Connery Cormac O Brien Eoin Roche Ciaran Joyce Kevin Moynihan Midfield Darragh Fitzgibbon Conor Cahalane Sam Quirke Ethan Twomey Tommy O Connell Brian Roche Brian O Sullivan Michael Mullins Forwards Conor Lehane Tim O Mahoney Alan Connolly Robbie Cotter Tadhg Deasy Ben Cunningham Jack Cahalane Brian Hayes Darragh Flynn Sean Twomey Luke Meade Shane Barret Padraig Power Robbie O Flynn Seamus Harnedy Patrick Horgan Jack O Connor Aaron Myers Shane Kingston Alan Cadogan Deccie Dalton Mark Keane Darragh Flynn
Darragh flynn twice ...to be honest I wouldn't have him once.. no offence to the lad great club player but not at senior level ..other than that you have them all more or less

Darragh flynn twice ...to be honest I wouldn't have him once.. no offence to the lad great club player but not at senior level ..other than that you have them all more or less
Of all the names on the panel, why are you picking out Darragh Flynn? A guy that has been outstanding on two AI winning Cork u20 teams, and was riddled with injuries this year. If he was fit, we'd have beaten Tipp and given the AI a right rattle at u20 in 2022.

He is easily on the panel IMO - such an intelligent player, ultra skillful and will no doubt make his mark on the Cork senior team in the future. Very, very strange opinion for you to have tbh.

I would say that Cunningham, Mullins, and Lyons in 2023 will be concentrating on the efforts of the 20s.

Of all the names on the panel, why are you picking out Darragh Flynn? A guy that has been outstanding on two AI winning Cork u20 teams, and was riddled with injuries this year. If he was fit, we'd have beaten Tipp and given the AI a right rattle at u20 in 2022.

He is easily on the panel IMO - such an intelligent player, ultra skillful and will no doubt make his mark on the Cork senior team in the future. Very, very strange opinion for you to have tbh.

I would say that Cunningham, Mullins, and Lyons in 2023 will be concentrating on the efforts of the 20s.
Easy to pick a huge panel.
Missing are Shane Hurley, Cian Walsh, Cillian O’Donovan (Douglas) and possibly Cormac Beausang.

Nice to see plenty of debate on our panel for next year. It will be very interesting to see how Pat and his selectors set out their stall. I expect them to play a similar style to the u20 all ireland teams with a mix of short and long but no piss arsing around with the ball.

I’d expect more emphasis on hard working ball winning players all over the field mixed with a sprinkling of neat tidy hurlers.

The likes of Deccie Dalton, Sean Twomey, Colin O Brien, Brian Hayes, Ben O Connor (if available), Ethan Twomey and Eoin Downey will add considerable power to our team

Regulars like Sean O Donoghue, Ger Millerick, Robert Downey, Tim O Mahony, Darragh Fitz, Robbie O Flynn and Mark Coleman must now become the leaders within the group

If we set ourselves up right, and I suspect we will under the new management, I think we will be real contenders next year but especially so for the following few years

The players will know their roles and what’s expected of them and there won’t be any mad curve balls to hinder them, this management team are a straight down the line group, what you see is what you will get, total and honest commitment, the key will be finding the right mix of players in the right positions who will implement the game plan.

The 2023 league will be very exciting from our point of view as we try to find the right blend for championship. Right now there are so many imponderables and questions that it might take the whole year before the management know where we stand
I see you've dropped the word 'intensity' from your analysis manual.

Apologies did not mean any offence to the lad

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Hollyz
Crane Lane Theatre, Phoenix St.

5th May 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..

Jack L

Cork Opera House, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼