Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Easy to pick a huge panel.
Missing are Shane Hurley, Cian Walsh, Cillian O’Donovan (Douglas) and possibly Cormac Beausang.
In observing BBAWS panel I would have Walsh, O'Donovan and Beausang involved but I would go with Gavin Connolly and Donal Maher instead of Ger Collins, and Brion Saunderson. My goalies would be P. Collins, G. Connolly, D. Maher and E. Davis.

I would select James O'Flynn to start in the league, he got an awful raw deal from the previous management and I also hope Fergus Lordan (Courcey Rovers) and Paddy O'Flynn (Bride Rovers) are looked at by Pat Ryan for a possible corner-back and wing-back slots respectively. Does anyone know if Brian Murphy (Sars) is eligible for selection?

I can't see Sean O'Leary Hayes, Cormac O'Brien and Kevin Moynihan as defenders at this level. The first two I'd look at as attackers, same with Mark Coleman. I look forward to seeing Micheal Mullins with the Cork U-20's but at this stage he is off the required standard for senior inter-county. Tadhg Deasy has loads of ability but never seemed to be interested in the cut and trust of hurling.

For the Waterford Crystal/National League I would have a very different team and would leave out many established players gradually introducing them to a new set-up of direct hurling. I would like to see a team along the following lines:

Patrick Collins
Cian Walsh Ryan Walsh James O'Flynn
Daire O'Leary Ciaran Joyce Ger Millerick
Sean O'Donoghue Ethan Twomey
Aaron Myers Conor Lehane Eoin Downey
Alan Connolly Robbie O'Flynn Padraig Power

Subs: Gavin Connolly, Eoin Roche, Robert Downey, Fergus Lordan, Damien Cahalane, Paddy O'Flynn, Cillian O'Donovan, Daire Connery, Niall O'Leary, Mark Coleman, Darragh Fitzgibbon, Tommy O'Connell, Conor Cahalane, Brian O'Sullivan, Mark Keane, Darragh Flynn, Shane Barrett, Declan Dalton, Cormac O'Brien, Tim O'Mahony, Shane Kingston, Jack O'Connor, Cormac Beausang, Simon Kennefick, Robbie Cotter.

I would start Brian Hayes and Ben O'Connor based on their availability and I would introduce Seamus Harnedy and Patrick Horgan based on requirement as the league progresses but they'd be training collectively with the squad.

I think Diarmuid Healy is going to be a serious player for cork in the future.
In the next 2-3 years there is at least another 5 or 6 serious players going to be coming through.
Ben O Connor will be a serious loss but there is serious talent coming through to soften the blow.
When has a Cork panel looked as strong.
Great times ahead.
Agreed

How far does the club+ ticket stretch do you know or does anyone know? As in how many grades does it cover?
Think it covers every grade Thistlecrack. I‘ll be using 2022 version for maybe the last time tomorrow for Inniscarra versus Castlemartyr. Don’t think county board wanted anything to do with it but were blindsided by Croke Park and had to go along with it. Can also be used for football club matches as well even if you’re only an intercounty hurling season ticket holder. Maybe that was only for this year because the county board were caught on the hop a bit but I never had any hassle with it for any championship games to be fair. Made great use of it.

Pat Ryan has picked his captain, new man for season ahead. Good choice. Don't think it's public knowledge yet so won't mention who it is, but seems there's plenty happening in background and lots of preparation going on

Pat Ryan has picked his captain, new man for season ahead. Good choice. Don't think it's public knowledge yet so won't mention who it is, but seems there's plenty happening in background and lots of preparation going on
What harm would u announcing it do? Or are you afraid someone sold u a pup to out you on PROC?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Io Capitano (15A)
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

28th Apr 2024 @ 4:15 pm
More info..

Brian Kenny: Tempus Futurum

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼