Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Suggesting nepotism will exist already before a panel has been named or a ball struck? If Jack regains his form of 2 years ago he will deserve his place, if not he will be an impact sub. There’s a reason Pat Ryan doesn’t surround himself with yes men, cos he’s honest and everyone that plays will play on merit.
Kingston also performs best as impact sub. He or JOC coming on in last 20 minutes could be invaluable. We may not be as far away from success as people think

Think you're under estimating millerick tbh
If anything Millerick a possible corner back, with Downey at left half back. Limerick are the yardstick and Hegarty at half forward needs a physically imposing guy to mark him. Not sure if Downey is the man but Galway did well on Hegarty. Ben O’ Connor could do the job!

Nice to see plenty of debate on our panel for next year. It will be very interesting to see how Pat and his selectors set out their stall. I expect them to play a similar style to the u20 all ireland teams with a mix of short and long but no piss arsing around with the ball.

I’d expect more emphasis on hard working ball winning players all over the field mixed with a sprinkling of neat tidy hurlers.

The likes of Deccie Dalton, Sean Twomey, Colin O Brien, Brian Hayes, Ben O Connor (if available), Ethan Twomey and Eoin Downey will add considerable power to our team

Regulars like Sean O Donoghue, Ger Millerick, Robert Downey, Tim O Mahony, Darragh Fitz, Robbie O Flynn and Mark Coleman must now become the leaders within the group

If we set ourselves up right, and I suspect we will under the new management, I think we will be real contenders next year but especially so for the following few years

The players will know their roles and what’s expected of them and there won’t be any mad curve balls to hinder them, this management team are a straight down the line group, what you see is what you will get, total and honest commitment, the key will be finding the right mix of players in the right positions who will implement the game plan.

The 2023 league will be very exciting from our point of view as we try to find the right blend for championship. Right now there are so many imponderables and questions that it might take the whole year before the management know where we stand

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jackie Fabulous (Americas Got Talent) Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

4th Oct 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼