How Ireland Works

ireland is a great country....faraway fields...
TBF that series is balanced by articles from immigrants coming here speaking about their experiences of Ireland as a new country and they are generally positive pieces - there can be some interesting observations on our set up here beyond the usual housing is expensive stuff. A lot of the emigrants write decent pieces also and are able to balance the pros and cons of their new lives and more power to them.. but then every now and again you get the likes of that fella suffering from a savage dose of butt hurt, who cannot fathom why Ireland has not seen to his every need, so he went abroad where everything is so much better that he still wants to come home.. and SoundY sees it as the latest pro SF angle

Are you or your fellow travelers up to calling out those who engage in the Black economy.
Will you support 20 year jail term for those evading tax

I'd certainly be in favour of serious jail time for the Bankers who defrauded customers on Tracker Mortgages. People lost their homes, and afaik not a single banker to date from the Bank Of Ireland has gone to jail for that - nor are they ever likely to.

BoI caused people to lose probably the biggest investment they had in their lives and not one of the BoI people who made the decision to do that will see the inside of a jail for doing so. Meanwhile, if some blue-collar worker was to take even a fraction of a percentage of what BoI were or indeed are now worth from them, said schmo would rightly do jail.

Different laws for different people it seems

Even after a budget which saw 600eu energy credits, free schoolbooks for primary school kids, more people eligible for free
GP visits, Ireland is still called "a kip" by some people,

"Free schoolbooks for MY primary school kids - GOOD
One months rebate for OTHER PEOPLE who are hard pressed renters and couldn't afford a mortgage - BAD"

"More people eligible for free GP visits - GOOD
The fact that we've already insufficient numbers of GP to cover those already on free GP visits even before this extra number - SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

BTW I never once said Ireland is a kip, but it could certainly be run better imho, and you really should try to stay off Facebook. 😇

Very conveniently ignoring the BoI scandal and the fine that was lighter than even the BoI themselves expected. SHOCKA!!!!! :cool:

Convenient for who?

You're some dope.

TBF that series is balanced by articles from immigrants coming here speaking about their experiences of Ireland as a new country and they are generally positive pieces - there can be some interesting observations on our set up here beyond the usual housing is expensive stuff. A lot of the emigrants write decent pieces also and are able to balance the pros and cons of their new lives and more power to them.. but then every now and again you get the likes of that fella suffering from a savage dose of butt hurt, who cannot fathom why Ireland has not seen to his every need, so he went abroad where everything is so much better that he still wants to come home.. and SoundY sees it as the latest pro SF angle

A few years might make him appreciate Ireland.

Lazy f*cker didn't do much house hunting

Classic SoundY.. read the headline, decide its SF spambot material, lash it up, get taken to shreds, engage in whataboutery

another hard day at work in the PS

Serious 'my son the engineer is drowning' energy from that tool ('yes, I said doctor' ).

The thrust of his whinge seems to be that he couldn't get greater lending. Shinnerbot would be crying if the banks relaxed rules and had us back in a 2006 style financial collapse.

'But , but the USC is so unfair', that bullshitter would be whining no matter what.

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Emma Doran - Stand-Up Comedy Club
The Roundy, Castle St.

13th Sep 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..
More events ▼