How Ireland Works

SoundMan

FFS what a sh*tshow that it's come to this.

But shur no worries, we don't really need doctors because there's only another 400K on free doctors visits.

This and the fact that the Bank Of Ireland are due to pay out more than 100M in a fine for their abuse of customers and withdrawal of their tracker mortgages.

The obvious questions are:
Will all of those people who had their houses repossessed when they could no longer afford the jacked up repayments be given suitable recompense?
Did any bank officials make more money (in bonuses or otherwise) due to this money being wrongly taken from their customers?
Will anyone in the Bank of Ireland be sent to jail for this major and widespread defrauding of customers?

It was known that the bank themselves had set aside 120M to pay the fines but they were only fined just over 100M :unsure:

And neither of these stories in the newspapers today made it to the Langers Forum that I could see. Shills shilling elsewhere I guess

FFS what a sh*tshow that it's come to this.

But shur no worries, we don't really need doctors because there's only another 400K on free doctors visits.

This and the fact that the Bank Of Ireland are due to pay out more than 100M in a fine for their abuse of customers and withdrawal of their tracker mortgages.

The obvious questions are:
Will all of those people who had their houses repossessed when they could no longer afford the jacked up repayments be given suitable recompense?
Did any bank officials make more money (in bonuses or otherwise) due to this money being wrongly taken from their customers?
Will anyone in the Bank of Ireland be sent to jail for this major and widespread defrauding of customers?

It was known that the bank themselves had set aside 120M to pay the fines but they were only fined just over 100M :unsure:

And neither of these stories in the newspapers today made it to the Langers Forum that I could see. Shills shilling elsewhere I guess

SoundY I know it sucks but try to rise above it, m8.

Will those who have not payed their rent for years be evicted and the houses given to those who would appreciate them.Would SF support the eviction of those not paying rent.Politicians of all parties afraid to speak on this.

funny - I read that article earlier and figured the fella was suffering from a serious case of butthurt.. it's 'my son the engineer' territory

Housing crisis aside (and no one can defend that), the point of the article was that his wife is a DOCTOR and they cannot have everything they want. The figures dont stack in my head regardless of his wife's extreme importance to society. They have bought a house 30km outside of Amsterdam. Amsterdam is a very contained city so make no mistake about it they are out in the wilderness as opposed to the edge of the city or something like that, so then he would presumably have been happy somewhere within 30km of Dublin city centre with a rail link, so that could be Rush, Ashbourne, Ratoath, Leixlip, Cellbridge, Dunshaughlin, Kilcock, Maynooth, Clayne, Naas etc etc etc

He then goes on to tell us that they could get 4.5 times their salary as a mortgage in Holland whereas it is 3.5 times here. we are hardly going to argue this one are we? We have been burned badly before and these are the rules, the fella works in banking FFS. If you prefer 4.5 times then off you go to Holland. Anyway, if he had looked more closely he would have been able to get 4 times with an exception.

But even still the figures dont stack - stick with the 3.5x multiplier and say his wife is on €100k and he's on €45k, round it up to €150k.. that allows them to borrow €450k on top of the €45k minimum savings they would have to have so they would be approved for a mortgage of €495,000. Is he seriously saying that he cannot find a house in the locations I have mentioned for €495,000?

I just lashed a basic search with some of those areas into myhome.ie and here's a few from the first page:

Ranging from €380-€485,000 for 4 bed houses, the most expensive one being an A1 rated brand new house. They have a load of options under 400k there. Not saying any of these are good value as I have no idea but the mortgage would not have been the defining factor here

He then finishes up telling us everything is better there but he still wants to live here

FFS :rolleyes:

funny - I read that article earlier and figured the fella was suffering from a serious case of butthurt.. it's 'my son the engineer' territory

Housing crisis aside (and no one can defend that), the point of the article was that his wife is a DOCTOR and they cannot have everything they want. The figures dont stack in my head regardless of his wife's extreme importance to society. They have bought a house 30km outside of Amsterdam. Amsterdam is a very contained city so make no mistake about it they are out in the wilderness as opposed to the edge of the city or something like that, so then he would presumably have been happy somewhere within 30km of Dublin city centre with a rail link, so that could be Rush, Ashbourne, Ratoath, Leixlip, Cellbridge, Dunshaughlin, Kilcock, Maynooth, Clayne, Naas etc etc etc

He then goes on to tell us that they could get 4.5 times their salary as a mortgage in Holland whereas it is 3.5 times here. we are hardly going to argue this one are we? We have been burned badly before and these are the rules, the fella works in banking FFS. If you prefer 4.5 times then off you go to Holland. Anyway, if he had looked more closely he would have been able to get 4 times with an exception.

But even still the figures dont stack - stick with the 3.5x multiplier and say his wife is on €100k and he's on €45k, round it up to €150k.. that allows them to borrow €450k on top of the €45k minimum savings they would have to have so they would be approved for a mortgage of €495,000. Is he seriously saying that he cannot find a house in the locations I have mentioned for €495,000?

I just lashed a basic search with some of those areas into myhome.ie and here's a few from the first page:

Ranging from €380-€475,000 for 4 bed houses, the most expensive one being an A1 rated brand new house. They have a load of options under 400k there. Not saying any of these are good value as I have no idea but the mortgage would not have been the defining factor here

He then goes on to tell us everything is better there but he still wants to live here

FFS :rolleyes:
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: That's some clatter for Sound_Y. Another of his threads backfiring.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jackie Fabulous (Americas Got Talent) Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

5th Oct 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Inspiration The Poor Relation (Open Mic Night)

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼