Minor Hurling 2022

This cork team also smashed Offaly I believe they just had too many wides on the day against Clare
Yet Offaly in an All Ireland final and we twiddling our thumbs with 6 weeks.

This run will stand hugely to Offaly and we should hopefully see them back at the top table within a decade.

As for us, going nowhere playing the brand of hurling our minors attempted this year. Preventing players playing with there schools isn't going to develop them either.

Are Cork taking part in the Forristal / Arrabawn etc. competions at U14 - U16 this summer?
I listened to John Meyler on a Wexford podcast recently - theres a lot of work going in to those U15's - interestingly he's really pushing for young fellas to transfer schools to Harty Cup Colleges if they are not already attending one already.

how many of last years panel were under age this year?
4 I think.. Wilk was the only starter left, Ross O’Sullivan a sub. Conor O’Leary and Michael O’Driscoll were both extended panel last year, O’Driscoll a huge loss this year as he missed championship through injury. 6’3, 15 stone, ball winning half forward, and still hasn’t turned 17. Hopefully he will progress onto the u20 squad next year.

4 I think.. Wilk was the only starter left, Ross O’Sullivan a sub. Conor O’Leary and Michael O’Driscoll were both extended panel last year, O’Driscoll a huge loss this year as he missed championship through injury. 6’3, 15 stone, ball winning half forward, and still hasn’t turned 17. Hopefully he will progress onto the u20 squad next year.
James O Brien Fermoy was a sub as well last year I believe

Are Cork taking part in the Forristal / Arrabawn etc. competions at U14 - U16 this summer?
I listened to John Meyler on a Wexford podcast recently - theres a lot of work going in to those U15's - interestingly he's really pushing for young fellas to transfer schools to Harty Cup Colleges if they are not already attending one already.
Meyler is absolutely spot on too. I've seen in my own club the improvements being around a good Harty squad makes to a decent underage player.

Being in that environment is a huge plus for players. The competition itself while not the be all and end all of course, is certainly a breeding ground for top players giving them the closest thing to intercounty minor/u20 experience they can get.

Also, high level winter style hurling undoubtedly helps toughen lads up a little bit.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Best Of Cork Special
City Limits, Coburg St.

25th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼