Minor Hurling 2022

its the 9 points that probably confirms that
we hit multiple wides, handpassed the ball to galway players , got bottled up in possession and so on
Anyone who saw the Cork and Tipp matchs will know how odd that was for this Clare group
Agreed. The question I was asking is whether (or to what extent) Clare played below their usual level, and to what extent Galway were just too good for them and forced those errors. For instance, wides might indicate bad shooting, bad decision-making (taking on a difficult shot when the better option would be to pass, something Cork unfortunately did a fair bit of in their game against Clare), or very good pressure from the opposition.

I heard at the beginning of this year that Galway will be unbeatable in minor this year, not much between some of the rest including cork but Galway have a super team this year
We hear the very same every year about our own minor hurling team
Heard that next years team will be the best ever

We hear the very same every year about our own minor hurling team
Heard that next years team will be the best ever
Well tbf last years cork team was possibly one of the greatest of all time going by the winning margins of every game. Next years team will be better than this years.

Bana

Next years team will have to be coached and selected properly before any real hope is built up. This years team could easily have won Munster but it was selected poorly at the crucial time, albeit I believe the loss of Michael O'Driscoll and Colm Leahy through injury was crucial. Also the coaching needed to emphasise direct play much more. Let's hope the management will have learned and things will kick on with next year's team.

Little bit of good news that passed under the radar a bit: Cork had four regional teams in two of the Celtic Challenge competitions, and North Cork won the Corn John Scott.

I heard at the beginning of this year that Galway will be unbeatable in minor this year, not much between some of the rest including cork but Galway have a super team this year
Galway beaten by Tipp today in semi final
Wonderful match
Tipp were supposed to be shite this year

Niland continuing on the Galway trend of incredible underage forwards. Some of his scores today were outrageous. Looks big for his age too so he might be one of them who actually makes it at senior.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

9th May 2024 @ 10:00 am
More info..

Frankie Boyle: Lap of Shame

Cork Opera House, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼