Stuff that grinds your gears

That is annoying

New insurance disc now is just a page printout so you have to cut it out using scissors
You’d think they’d send you out a little chip that contains all relevant data regarding tax, insurance, and even NCT status (for people with older cars).

Then you could do everything online and the chip could be updated and then scanned by roadside gantries for compliance.

No more paper festooned all over the inside of your windscreen.

Water helps with the cravings and hunger feelings stuffY.

Boredom is your biggest enemy here, try to occupy and/or distract yourself
I'll be working a lot this month. I drink 2 litres of water a day. Hunger isn't bad but I've cut down on food lately. Did you give up vaping or smoking? I dunno is it the physical act of having it in your hand and then the puffing.

I'll be working a lot this month. I drink 2 litres of water a day. Hunger isn't bad but I've cut down on food lately. Did you give up vaping or smoking? I dunno is it the physical act of having it in your hand and then the puffing.

I smoked for 15 years. Went off with vaping for a while but gave that up too thankfully.

I found for me, what worked was little victories. Instead of thinking "how do I get through today with all these cravings", I used to think "this craving will last 5-15 mins tops. Just beat this one and go from there".

So I got lots of mini successes instead of one big success at the end of the day/week/month. Though I did enjoy those too.

I found if I got deep into a book, work, sport, guitar, etc I wouldn't notice any cravings and wouldn't even think about them. Literally forgot about smoking for hours at a time.
Experiencing forgetting about smoking was a huge confidence boost.

But for me, the biggest thing was just to beat the immediate battle/craving.

It's like the old saying - how do you eat an elephant? One fork at a time!

I'm about 7 years off them now and the only thing I miss is having the occasional spliff (even if it's a blunt/bong/etc, too risky).

I still smoke a pack a week and vape the rest of the time.
Had a hospital appointment a couple of weeks ago where previously they said it was vital I give up.
Have you cut them out completely they asked
Oh yeah, I don't know how I ever smoked
Does your wife smoke
No why?
Because your clothes stink of tobacco

Pwned good and proper.

I still smoke a pack a week and vape the rest of the time.
Had a hospital appointment a couple of weeks ago where previously they said it was vital I give up.
Have you cut them out completely they asked
Oh yeah, I don't know how I ever smoked
Does your wife smoke
No why?
Because your clothes stink of tobacco

Pwned good and proper.
You can't hide the smell. You'll have to give up though, for your own sake. If you've cut down to apack a week, cut them out completely

I smoked for 15 years. Went off with vaping for a while but gave that up too thankfully.

I found for me, what worked was little victories. Instead of thinking "how do I get through today with all these cravings", I used to think "this craving will last 5-15 mins tops. Just beat this one and go from there".

So I got lots of mini successes instead of one big success at the end of the day/week/month. Though I did enjoy those too.

I found if I got deep into a book, work, sport, guitar, etc I wouldn't notice any cravings and wouldn't even think about them. Literally forgot about smoking for hours at a time.
Experiencing forgetting about smoking was a huge confidence boost.

But for me, the biggest thing was just to beat the immediate battle/craving.

It's like the old saying - how do you eat an elephant? One fork at a time!

I'm about 7 years off them now and the only thing I miss is having the occasional spliff (even if it's a blunt/bong/etc, too risky).
Once there's no tobacco in the joint there's no risk of going back on the cigs. Two entirely different substances.
You might find yourself smoking more joints however.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jake Bugg
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

19th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼