Franz Ferdinand in The Pavilion

I wouldn't take what the original moaner has to say as being in the best faith

The sound at the Buzzcocks was notably bad a few years ago, but it's generally good in there and in fact it's got a reputation for this

"The Sound" is only ever bad in Cork!!

I've been to plenty of gigs over the years in Cork and "the sound" in general has been decent despite people trying to convince me otherwise. I don't know about the rest of ye but when I see a band live I don't want it to sound like the CD. I don't deny there are some gigs where it is terrible, and many at the Savoy have been brutal, but I don't remember "the sound" being a huge factor for most gigs I've been to.

"The Sound" is only ever bad in Cork!!

I've been to plenty of gigs over the years in Cork and "the sound" in general has been decent despite people trying to convince me otherwise. I don't know about the rest of ye but when I see a band live I don't want it to sound like the CD. I don't deny there are some gigs where it is terrible, and many at the Savoy have been brutal, but I don't remember "the sound" being a huge factor for most gigs I've been to.

People are much more likely to complain when it's bad but to be fair there were many comments on specific gigs like Mercury Rev at Cyprus Avenue last May being a particular sonic fest.

Another one that really stands out for me was Roger Waters at the Marquee - it has yet to be beaten for outstanding sound.

The thing is, sound can make a big difference to many people. We all have different tolerances, it doesen't bother some people, it does bother others. It can often be affected by where you are at the venue. These sound guys have their work cut out for them !

The Savoy has probably the worst sound from my experiences there, and generally speaking Cyprus Avenue and the Pav are generally good, with the Opera House almost always excellent, but this is more limited on what/how many gigs it puts on.

The sound at the Buzzcocks was notably bad a few years ago, but it's generally good in there and in fact it's got a reputation for this

It was fuckin' woeful the next night in The Academy in Dublin where I saw them too.

I think that it might be the band or their sound tech rather than the venue in that case... :)

It was fuckin' woeful the next night in The Academy in Dublin where I saw them too.

I think that it might be the band or their sound tech rather than the venue in that case... :)

In Cork we had a DJ (Theo Parrish) who blow the shit out of our speakers on the Wednesday and we couldn't get it sorted in time for the Thursday of Buzzcocks:(

so it was the venues fault that time

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Low-key Funny
The Roundy, Castle St.

3rd Jul 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Swiftogeddon - Taylor Swift Club Night

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 11pm

More events ▼