Franz Ferdinand in The Pavilion

In Cork we had a DJ (Theo Parrish) who blow the shit out of our speakers on the Wednesday and we couldn't get it sorted in time for the Thursday of Buzzcocks:(

so it was the venues fault that time

Dose.

Still though, I fully believe that touring engineers lack of familiarity with the venue's gear does contribute to sound problems.

In Cork we had a DJ (Theo Parrish) who blow the shit out of our speakers on the Wednesday and we couldn't get it sorted in time for the Thursday of Buzzcocks:(

so it was the venues fault that time

And his fault for being a stoned idiot with no respect for peoples hearing, first and only time seeing him , was a real let down for me tbh...

The worst venue for sound in Cork (ironically) is the school of music venue. Went to see the FLC there a few years ago and it was uncomfortably bad and ear piercing.

The worst venue for sound in Cork (ironically) is the school of music venue. Went to see the FLC there a few years ago and it was uncomfortably bad and ear piercing.

to be fair, that was their sound engineer.
It was fairly horrendous to be honest.

Been great sound in there for Lisa Hannigan, The Unthanks, Kila, etc

I've been to a lot of gigs in the Pav and the sound has almost always been excellent.

Venues always get blamed for bad sound when more often than not it's down to the bands themselves refusing to listen to the house engineer or when a band bring their own guy who, similarly, doesn't listen to the house engineer.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Special Guest Award Winning Ray Harrington - Danny Ryan
City Limits, Coburg St.

20th Apr 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼