Cork Hurlers - Part 2

And even that will probably not be enough.
We are reliant on other results now.
We beat Limerick and Tipp then we have 4 points.
Limerick and Clare already have 4 points. One draw from their last two games is enough for them to go through. They may not even need a point.
Waterford have three points. A win against either Clare or Limerick and they are through. One draw might be enough, two draws is enough.
If Tipp beat Clare they have 3 and will need to beat us to go through.
We are literally hanging on by a thread.
Clare have 2 points not 4

Lads wetting themselves at the prospect of taking on Limerick 🙄

Are they better than us? Yes
Should they beat us? Yes
Will they beat us? We’ll only know next week

But let’s not collapse at the thought of taking them on

Waterford are in the exact same position as Cork were last year, 3 points on the board after their first 2 home games and away games vs Clare and Limerick to come, we all know how it ended for Cork

Lads wetting themselves at the prospect of taking on Limerick 🙄

Are they better than us? Yes
Should they beat us?
Will they beat us? We’ll only know next week

But let’s not collapse at the thought of taking them on
We were every bit as good as them in the Gaelic grounds last Summer.

Got screwed for the penalty.

Like I mentioned earlier if we get the selections right and our big players perform to the standard we know they can we have a great chance

We were every bit as good as them in the Gaelic grounds last Summer.

Got screwed for the penalty.

Like I mentioned earlier if we get the selections right and our big players perform to the standard we know they can we have a great chance
We’d have deserved a draw but I was at that game and my reading of it was that Limerick did more damage in their dominant spells than we did in our dominant spells. Referee decisions did not help us without doubt.

We’d have deserved a draw but I was at that game and my reading of it was that Limerick did more damage in their dominant spells than we did in our dominant spells. Referee decisions did not help us without doubt.
I was there aswell, there was very little between the teams as was represented on the scoreboard.

The point I’m making is we put up a big performance away from home last year why not come out the right side of it in the Pairc.

Call me crazy but I think we beat them next week.

One of the many things you must get right to beat a team like Limerick is the mindset. They'll come down convinced that they're going to win. Even if we're two pints up with a minute of injury time left - they'll still be convinced that they'll score a goal. Cork used to have that kind of conviction. You couldn't beat us cause we were never beat. Limerick have it now. But can we regain it? If we're lucky enough to be two points up coming down the straight, can we be 100% certain in our own heads, that there'll be no Cork pants shitting or Limerick goal scoring?

You can get all your match ups right. You can be the best team on the day. You can even keep 15 men on the pitch. But unless you're absolutely totally and utterly convinced you'll win, you'll find a way to lose. This team has the players to beat anybody. But do they have the mentality? Time to step up.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Frank and Walters
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

21st Dec 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Fiesta Latina with DJ Wilros

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼