Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Can count ourselves very very very lucky to be still in championship tonight.
When there's a chance there's hope.

Massive week ahead of Pat Ryan. Patience wearing thin with Ryan and his management team amongst most Cork supporters and the best team in hurling history coming to the Pairc and we need to beat them. No pressure!!!!!!!!!

This time next week I'm hoping to be on here saying the Pat Ryan era just got jump started.

One of the many things you must get right to beat a team like Limerick is the mindset. They'll come down convinced that they're going to win. Even if we're two pints up with a minute of injury time left - they'll still be convinced that they'll score a goal. Cork used to have that kind of conviction. You couldn't beat us cause we were never beat. Limerick have it now. But can we regain it? If we're lucky enough to be two points up coming down the straight, can we be 100% certain in our own heads, that there'll be no Cork pants shitting or Limerick goal scoring?

You can get all your match ups right. You can be the best team on the day. You can even keep 15 men on the pitch. But unless you're absolutely totally and utterly convinced you'll win, you'll find a way to lose. This team has the players to beat anybody. But do they have the mentality? Time to step up.
Spot on

All great teams go through that moment, Limericks came in the 2018 semi against us when they refused to accept defeat, “no more” they roared “no more”. It’s time to repay the favour

Can count ourselves very very very lucky to be still in championship tonight.
When there's a chance there's hope.

Massive week ahead of Pat Ryan. Patience wearing thin with Ryan and his management team amongst most Cork supporters and the best team in hurling history coming to the Pairc and we need to beat them. No pressure!!!!!!!!!

This time next week I'm hoping to be on here saying the Pat Ryan era just got jump started.
Now wouldn’t that be sweet!

Anything is possible but my belief that it is likely Limerick will beat us is based less on what Limerick might do and more on what we seem to fail to do - i.e. win close games

Anything is possible but my belief that it is likely Limerick will beat us is based less on what Limerick might do and more on what we seem to fail to do - i.e. win close games
Ah be fair. Limerick are a clutch team. They’ll lose the odd game in Munster when it doesn’t matter but they pull it out of the fire when it matters. They are a side that aren’t going particularly well for a year but they just have so much in the well.
Compare Limerick to the likes of that desperate flaky Clare team.

Tipp are awful, as bad a Tipp team that I recall for a long time,
If we can’t beat them then regardless we should be bothering playing past Munster
Yeah tipp are awful. Waterford threw that away today. Can't see Waterford winning again either not with flakes like Hutchinson and mahony on the team. Beat Limerick and we are thru imo.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

A Bend In The Road

St. Peters Cork, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼