Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Lads FFS. They need to win 2 games . End off
Tipp look goosed physically
Waterford could spring a surprise possibly against Clare , that would leave a potential dead rubber game for Clare against Tipp.

All this group can do is focus on next Saturday, the fact they know if they win puts them potentially back in the mix you would imagine it will add an extra bit of spice into training this week.

If they get the selection right next week they have a chance but the big players need to turn up for us.

I believe I’m correct in saying Limerick have never won all 4 games in the Munster round robin series as good as they have been? I found that interesting

Until the last minute Cork were going out so I’m happy enough with the draw.

We needed to win both games anyway in reality.
And even that will probably not be enough.
We are reliant on other results now.
We beat Limerick and Tipp then we have 4 points.
Limerick and Clare already have 4 points. One draw from their last two games is enough for them to go through. They may not even need a point.
Waterford have three points. A win against either Clare or Limerick and they are through. One draw might be enough, two draws is enough.
If Tipp beat Clare they have 3 and will need to beat us to go through.
We are literally hanging on by a thread.

Limerick and Clare already have 4 points. One draw from their last two games is enough for them to go through. They may not even need a point.
Waterford have three points. A win against either Clare or Limerick and they are through. One draw might be enough, two draws is enough.
Clare have 2 points

Really, really slim chance of beating Limerick, let's be honest They are awesome and while we have a good team we don't have the killer instinct to put them away.

It's a pity the Tipp game, as I'd fancy us against them, isn't next weekend instead of Limerick so we could get another week of slim hope instead of facing into another very bleak 30 week intercounty hurling winter.

Fucking depressing.

All this team can do is win the remaining games and hope the other results work out.

It’s a long shot but stranger things have happened

The lickspittle subservience to Limerick here is bordering on a Deranged Cult like psychosis.

70 mins FFS
A fighting chance
No time for Cowards now.
THERE IS NO TOMORROW.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Low-key Funny
The Roundy, Castle St.

19th Jun 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

The Big Swinin' Mikeys

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼