Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I agree. That requires a lot of patience from us supporters too. The young fellas will make mistakes and will cost us points and goals too but we have to trust them and be patient. They’ll come good eventually if we do.
Which is exactly why I’d stick with Pat if he’s willing to cut the dead wood, they are 2 years together now so no bedding in period needed, hit the ground running next February and build a team for championship. And play the young fellas

There's a real impending sense of doom both on here and out and about in the real world too regarding Saturday night and about the year in general. Usually I'm one of our more optimistic supporters but on this occasion I'm just completely bewildered by the whole year. I cannot understand what Pat Ryan and the management team have been doing for the last 12 months because we have gone backwards at a rate of knots.

We've had some depressing years over the last 2 decades. 2016 and 2020 are 2 seasons in particular I would consider lost seasons and 2024 looks set to top them.

I saw someone here say we have been unlucky with injuries. I disagree. Coleman breaking his jaw was unlucky, Dalton fracturing his foot was unlucky. Nearly all other injuries have been soft tissue injuries, mainly hamstring, that's down to training, something is badly awry there. Against Clare Tim O Mahoney went down with cramp after 63 minutes. How many other teams do people remember have had a player go off with cramp so far this championship?

On Saturday night we start our 4th center back of the year. Joyce, Niall O Leary v Kilkenny, Tim O Mahoney V Offaly and now Rob Downey.
The whole thing is scattered and seems to be made up as we go along.

To compound the sense of doom our U17s and U20s are gone back to playing a tippy tappy style that has proven not to work and will not serve us well in the future.

Saying all that I still give us the smallest punchers chance of pulling off what would be a monumental shock.

Which is exactly why I’d stick with Pat if he’s willing to cut the dead wood, they are 2 years together now so no bedding in period needed, hit the ground running next February and build a team for championship. And play the young fellas
What gives you the idea he might be willing to go and cut the dead wood and rebuild with young fellas? He’s done absolutely fuck all to suggest he’s a forward looking coach tbh.
Did you see the starting team vs Waterford?
Bear in mind that was his 2nd year in charge when he’d had some really iffy days in selection in year 1.
If Coleman lines out at wing back this Saturday then I’d have him gone.
I was delighted to have him in as manager btw but after the game in Ennis last year I totally changed my mind on him.

This is only my opinion and doesn’t really matter a fuck in the greater scheme of things.

Sent from my iPhone.

What gives you the idea he might be willing to go and cut the dead wood and rebuild with young fellas?
Nothing but that’s a conversation Kevin O Donovan needs to have with Pat before we ratify his third year

He’s done absolutely fuck all to suggest he’s a forward looking coach tbh.
I

Did you see the starting team vs Waterford?
Bear in mind that was his 2nd year in charge when he’d had some really iffy days in selection in year 1.
If Coleman lines out at wing back this Saturday then I’d have him gone.
I was delighted to have him in as manager btw but after the game in Ennis last year I totally changed my mind on him.

This is only my opinion and doesn’t really matter a fuck in the greater scheme of things.

Sent from my iPhone.
I agree with all those points and fully understand why you would want a change

There's a real impending sense of doom both on here and out and about in the real world too regarding Saturday night and about the year in general. Usually I'm one of our more optimistic supporters but on this occasion I'm just completely bewildered by the whole year. I cannot understand what Pat Ryan and the management team have been doing for the last 12 months because we have gone backwards at a rate of knots.

We've had some depressing years over the last 2 decades. 2016 and 2020 are 2 seasons in particular I would consider lost seasons and 2024 looks set to top them.

I saw someone here say we have been unlucky with injuries. I disagree. Coleman breaking his jaw was unlucky, Dalton fracturing his foot was unlucky. Nearly all other injuries have been soft tissue injuries, mainly hamstring, that's down to training, something is badly awry there. Against Clare Tim O Mahoney went down with cramp after 63 minutes. How many other teams do people remember have had a player go off with cramp so far this championship?

On Saturday night we start our 4th center back of the year. Joyce, Niall O Leary v Kilkenny, Tim O Mahoney V Offaly and now Rob Downey.
The whole thing is scattered and seems to be made up as we go along.

To compound the sense of doom our U17s and U20s are gone back to playing a tippy tappy style that has proven not to work and will not serve us well in the future.

Saying all that I still give us the smallest punchers chance of pulling off what would be a monumental shock.

Apologies for massive quote but I'm in the Savage Lands for a wedding on the phone, but why is a fast twitch NFL merchant a good idea for what is ideally a middle distance running sport - think Fitzy, Coleman ?

That is the strongest Limerick team I have ever seen, same as the Waterford game where they couldn't name a stronger team. Us on the other hand, it doesn't seem like there's any two in the county who would pick the same 26.

Nothing but that’s a conversation Kevin O Donovan needs to have with Pat before we ratify his third year

He’s done absolutely fuck all to suggest he’s a forward looking coach tbh.
I

I agree with all those points and fully understand why you would want a change
I'd give PR his third year because there is no good option out there IMO, but I would want him to completely change his backroom team.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Little Known

Fred Zeppelins, Today @ 7pm

More events ▼