Cork Hurlers - Part 2

That is the strongest Limerick team I have ever seen, same as the Waterford game where they couldn't name a stronger team. Us on the other hand, it doesn't seem like there's any two in the county who would pick the same 26.
Let's wait and see how it turns out.
Limerick looked ordinary for a long time against Clare and last yezr was very close, I think this game will be close.
Unfortunately we don't have a great record recently in close games.
It is the team that played Clare minus Joyce and that team was not outclassed.

I think we are light I'm midfield and starting a rookie full back in a game like this is a risk. But it is in general close to as good as we have with one obvious exception in Joyce.

My biggest gripe is that in the second year of this management group we have not sorted midfield In my opinion and we seem to have no defensive strategy.
I think we have the players but don't seem to have a plan and against Waterford we looked less than 100% ready for what everyone knew was coming.

I've never heard so much negativity around about Saturday. I suppose there is a small chance we might get a huge performance from some key players but it's odds on that the curtain will be drawn on this season by 9pm Saturday. You'd hope we'd put up a fight but the way we've been defending at times this year we could be in for yet another hiding from Limerick.
This place is a hive of negativity, there was a feeble attempt at rallying the troops about 20 pages back, it lasted about 4 posts 😅
A sizeable majority who post here have little if any real faith in players or management.
That's their perogative.

You just got to rely on what you think yourself.

Personally I think our main challenges will be:
2. the Limerick defence, and how they handle Connolly, Hoggie, Fitzgibbon and Barrett. Need those lads to be 100% at it from the off.
2. how Downey 3, Downey 6 and Ethan Twomey perform
3. keeping 15 on the pitch
4. limiting the number of points gifted from puck-outs, turnovers and long range frees
5. slowing down any potential run of scores from Limerick

A lot of the above is within our control, if the lads really believe in themselves and ratchet up the levels of intensity from the Clare game I think we can beat Limerick.

Crowd really need to bring the kind of noise and support that we’ve yet to witness in the Pairc.
Do one if you're a moaning and a whinging when a puck out or a pass goes astray!
There will be mistakes- get over it 😀

Support needs to bigger and louder than v Clare this year and Tipp last year, in reality that's all we can do, plus, it's good for ya

I've never heard so much negativity around about Saturday. I suppose there is a small chance we might get a huge performance from some key players but it's odds on that the curtain will be drawn on this season by 9pm Saturday. You'd hope we'd put up a fight but the way we've been defending at times this year we could be in for yet another hiding from Limerick.
Unfortunately our crunch match was first one v Waterford’s and once we lost that it was curtains. Limerick are coming to blow us out of the water on Saturday. The GAA needs to look at this system as having the largest hurling county out of championship in early May is a joke. Maybe move us to Leinster next year and move Galway to Munster.

Sorry but fellas are giving Ryan way too easy a pass given some of the grief his predecessors have gotten. If we fail to make it out of Munster two years on the bounce then he shouldn’t be back for a 3rd term. Lovely fella and all but we haven’t delivered under him.

Fingers crossed we can do the business Saturday night and the above doesn’t come to fruition but hard to see us getting a result.
Been saying this since the Waterford game and fellas were still backing him.

Meyler a Munster Title and All - Ireland Semi, Kingston Munster Title and All Ireland Final are their highest achievements.
Pat Ryan 1 win in 6.
People are giving excuses and saying Munster is more competitive and so on, PR is picking more or less the same 10 that played under JM and KK.
JM and KK got performances out of these players.

Unless Pat Ryan wins Munster (impossible) or gets to All-Ireland final (it's possible if we win the next 2 games) his position next year is untenable in my opinion.

There's fellas with their heads in the sand.

As injuries have been highlighted only 2 have been unlucky.
The rest you'd have to question on S&C and training in general.
Rumours are rife and fellas are saying you can't believe the rumours.
I agree you cannot believe all the rumours but when one of the rumours relate to unhappiness in camp with regards training and we see what's happening it's hard not to believe there's an element of truth to them.
In any sport or code 1 rumour is turns out to always be true as the truth always comes out in the end.

Also in KK and JM camp there was never any rumours of unhappiness or a high rate of injuries.
Were some players pissed off not to start under both? Absolutely but that never became public or journalists reporters talked about.

After KK 2nd time there was plenty of articles and truth come out from Hoggie and the The Rock to name the biggest examples and they gave an insight to some of the issues, most of the issues did not relate to Kingston.
You would imagine PR would have sorted some of these issues but unfortunately he did not by the looks of it.

Unfortunately our crunch match was first one v Waterford’s and once we lost that it was curtains. Limerick are coming to blow us out of the water on Saturday. The GAA needs to look at this system as having the largest hurling county out of championship in early May is a joke. Maybe move us to Leinster next year and move Galway to Munster.
Grow a pair of balls, the competition rules are the same for all 5 counties, it’s no one’s fault but ourselves for the position we are in

Sure why don’t we just go Joe McDonagh altogether?

Sorry but fellas are giving Ryan way too easy a pass given some of the grief his predecessors have gotten. If we fail to make it out of Munster two years on the bounce then he shouldn’t be back for a 3rd term. Lovely fella and all but we haven’t delivered under him.

Fingers crossed we can do the business Saturday night and the above doesn’t come to fruition but hard to see us getting a result.
I hear you and don’t disagree but would like to see a list of potential people to take over from Pat before calling for his head.

There is nobody obvious in Cork to take over and I can’t see them going outside the county although they should certainly consider it, A fresh set of eyes with no allegiances in Cork might be just what this group needs.

I hope they beat Limerick and go on to qualify but if not I think Ryan is cooked, 2 years not getting out of Munster is unacceptable

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

A Bend In The Road

St. Peters Cork, Today @ 10am

More events ▼