Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Wonder which Cork player will reach HOTY status over the winter. We’ve a great team when we’re not playing.

By the end of the month people here will be saying:

We were improving.

We lost games with close margins.

I think we would have won the AI if we got out of Munster.

Leinster boys have it easy. We would walk it.

Things look promising for next year. Then name a first 15 all under the age of 22 that’s gonna win us the AI.

Or my personal favourite:

I fancy us to turn Limerick over next year in Munster. Sure we always have the beating of Clare, Davy has Waterford ruined and Tipp are in transition. 😂😂😂😂

Quaid Finn Morrisey Nash Byrnes Hannon Hayes Wod Lynch Reidy Hegarty Morrisey Flanagan Gillane O Neill No way lynch is at midfield and o Neill is not a corner forward

What is scary is that at senior county championship level those players can play in most areas of the pitch

We all hope for a win but its damn hard to see it coming, maybe a Connelly hattrick, a limerick red card early doors or a Limerick no show.
Agree, goals, and if there's ever a night for Fallon d'Floor it's Saturday. If that tinker Gillane can fool refs every other week and like he won that penno vs us last year then I don't see why we should be above it.

By the end of the month people here will be saying:

We were improving.

We lost games with close margins.

I think we would have won the AI if we got out of Munster.

Leinster boys have it easy. We would walk it.

Things look promising for next year. Then name a first 15 all under the age of 22 that’s gonna win us the AI.

Or my personal favourite:

I fancy us to turn Limerick over next year in Munster. Sure we always have the beating of Clare, Davy has Waterford ruined and Tipp are in transition. 😂😂😂😂
Don’t forget the fouling and rough play from Limerick. That’s a banker.

Might be a glimmer of hope if they give other lads a run against us because of their 2 wins so far and timing their run for 5 in a row. If they name a full strength team we are in big trouble.

Ffs this was never happening, they want a straight path to a Munster final vs Clare in thurles which will be the usual epic they win by a point and have a month off for the semi final to pulverise Galway, cork are going to get hit hard and often Saturday evening

Wonder which Cork player will reach HOTY status over the winter. We’ve a great team when we’re not playing.
I have to hold my hand up and say I’m an eternal optimist in the off season 🤣. I really felt this year would be different, it still could, but right now we are also rans

I feel im going to be saying this a lot over the next few months but I would have no problem with Pat Ryan staying on but changes will have to be made. Our hurling has gone backwards, our physicality has gone backwards, our fitness has gone backwards, our team play is almost non existent. No more playing fellas who no matter how good they were, are just not able for the high intensity workrate we must have. And most importantly he will have to go with the young fellas and stick with them, not be dropping them after 1 match

It seems to me that this Cork team has to much going on in their heads . To much information being giving . They need to collectively work hard off the ball but once we have the ball we need to allow them do what they want . Read an article there about Ancelloti . Once his team get the ball there told do what they want . Giving to much information limits creativity and this seems evident with Cork. Go back old school and let players play their own game.

I have to hold my hand up and say I’m an eternal optimist in the off season 🤣. I really felt this year would be different, it still could, but right now we are also rans

I feel im going to be saying this a lot over the next few months but I would have no problem with Pat Ryan staying on but changes will have to be made. Our hurling has gone backwards, our physicality has gone backwards, our fitness has gone backwards, our team play is almost non existent. No more playing fellas who no matter how good they were, are just not able for the high intensity workrate we must have. And most importantly he will have to go with the young fellas and stick with them, not be dropping them after 1 match
I agree. That requires a lot of patience from us supporters too. The young fellas will make mistakes and will cost us points and goals too but we have to trust them and be patient. They’ll come good eventually if we do.

Might be a glimmer of hope if they give other lads a run against us because of their 2 wins so far and timing their run for 5 in a row. If they name a full strength team we are in big trouble.
Why in the name of god would they not play their best team. They are not qualified yet. But beat us and they are. That’s all that will concern Kiely. He can then theow in the kids against the Blaahs

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

A Bend In The Road

St. Peters Cork, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼