Cork Hurlers - Part 2

There’s a good one now. Can’t go SOD again. Wouldn’t have Downey, NOL or Cahalane either. Millerick best equipped probably. But it’s not a 1 man job, need plenty bodies in around him. That’s the conundrum playing limerick - if you follow Hegarty and O’Neill and Co, you’re 1 v 1 with Gillane, if you sit and get numbers around Gillane, you’ll get picked off for 30 pts out the field.

Brian Roche and TOC have to come back into the reckoning here.

That's the worry - think Cork limited Gillane to 2 or 3 points from play last year but they put up a huge score, with only penalty goal and 3 or 4 points coming from placed balls. Their half backs and midfielders were knocking over points with little effort required.

Jeez - Cork hurling thread take over by a triumphant TAN condescending to lecture us, like we're some kind of pet charity of his :LOL:

And we get accused of arrogance.
Read the room mate.

Outlook for our survival in Munster seemingly reliant wholly on Tipp beating Waterford and both failing to win another game after that.

For what's in our control, how are we fixed for beating Limerick?
Are there any lingering weaknesses to be exposed there?
The worst I've seen them play in years was v KK in league SF.
First time that I've seen them fail to put together a game saving push in a second half.
Primarily because their first touch and reactions were stinking that day, the full back line was unfamiliar with each other & at sea, and the team as a whole consistently got pulled for relentlessly fouling KK forwards in areas where TJ pinged frees over for fun.
Can't see any of the above being an issue for them, bar potentially the free count.

Sometimes in work situation its a good idea to bring a new outside manager in.... gets people thinking slightly differently brings a new culture.... we probably need a bit of this in our sporting world...

It can also stop resentment building up. Why did HE/SHE get the promotion ahead of me? I'm better than them in a number of facets etc.

No. You’re arguing that everything is shit. I’ve not said anything at all about the general state of Cork hurling. I’m only commenting on the games I’m watching & so far at senior championship level we’ve had one poor performance (against an average side) and one decent one (against a really good side).
I believe we could be doing better if our tactical approach (e.g. no defensive midfielders) and player selection (e.g. bringing on Luke Meade, starting Lehane in Waterford) was a little sharper, and that in a competition of such fine margins that’s the difference between being on zero points and 2 or 4 points right now.

You’re also saying that the current Clare side is an average Clare team so you’ve a bit of a negative slant on things in general.
Morello. I think we could be on 2 wins with sharper selections and sideline moves.

Jeez - Cork hurling thread take over by a triumphant TAN condescending to lecture us, like we're some kind of pet charity of his :LOL:

Read the room mate.

Outlook for our survival in Munster seemingly reliant wholly on Tipp beating Waterford and both failing to win another game after that.

First time that I've seen them fail to put together a game saving push in a second half.
Primarily because their first touch and reactions were stinking that day, the full back line was unfamiliar with each other & at sea, and the team as a whole consistently got pulled for relentlessly fouling KK forwards in areas where TJ pinged frees over for fun.
Can't see any of the above being an issue for them, bar potentially the free count.

It's quite a common trait from many of the Clare yahoos over the years 😔

Read the room mate.

Nothing against the players but TBF in time I believe history won’t be kind to Limerick hurling, the Dubs & Man City. All benefitted from financial competitive advantages that were to a huge degree directly responsible for their success ie success that wouldn’t have happened without those massive investments. There is no getting away from that and rules will be put in place in GAA soon to try to stop it happening again.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: Earlier Show

The Roundy, Tomorrow @ 6:30pm

More events ▼