Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Young people with alcohol on board + flares = trouble . Someone's gonna be seriously hurt one of these days. How can anyone throw one of these on top of another person beggars belief. Happened on at least 4 occasions.

Was in the Blackrock end on a diagonal with the corner flag and the uncovered stand. Even around me the amount of young people who were a) drunk and b) had no interest in the match was crazy. It was a 2pm throw-in. What's it gonna be like at 7pm on a Saturday night !!!
That’s the way it has always been and the joy and color of that cohort of Cork inter county hurling supporters.

80/1 to win the all ireland double that with 66/1 for the footballers for a tenner and you will get 54,270 or nothing.
€660 is a banker.
Hold off on the hurlers until Davy Fitz is manager next year 😂
The Banner despite collapsing against a poor Limerick performance and barely falling across the line last Sunday have the greatest team of all time. They bankers for AI 😂😂

I find these kind of posts strange, it’s like you’re revelling in Joyce struggling when we should all be hoping that all Cork players succeed

Joyce has the potential to be the best hurler we have produced in years.. why would anyone want anything other than that to materialise?

Same goes for Coleman.. there’s a determined cohort that seem to be enjoying him not finding his form yet

Weren't people saying that very thing about Coleman just a couple of years ago, and now he can't even get a starting place. I'd be careful about putting the load of high expectation on our players. They're human and will have off days.

Yes, without a doubt.
Have you forgotten that in the last 5 years both our hurlers and footballers have had NOWHERE to train at times..
Have you forgotten that the players had to organise a gym for themselves etc etc etc
I haven't forgotten anything

Better training facilities, coaching, S+C, nutrition, re-hab etc is all brilliant, but you have to have the players to make it happen as well. Limerick did an unbelievable job with what they had and produced the best team Ive seen hurl. Without the players and buy in none of the rest of it would have guaranteed anything

At Man City they went out and bought 2 of the best ready-made players for every position on the pitch, there is no comparing the 2 no matter how much you would like to

Weren't people saying that very thing about Coleman just a couple of years ago, and now he can't even get a starting place. I'd be careful about putting the load of high expectation on our players. They're human and will have off days.
Well said Soundy. They’re giving their all and if they come up short and aren’t good enough then we don’t really need to overanalyse it. Hopefully with underage competitiveness over the last few years we’ll get stronger in the coming years.

I haven't forgotten anything

Better training facilities, coaching, S+C, nutrition, re-hab etc is all brilliant, but you have to have the players to make it happen as well. Limerick did an unbelievable job with what they had and produced the best team Ive seen hurl. Without the players and buy in none of the rest of it would have guaranteed anything

At Man City they went out and bought 2 of the best ready-made players for every position on the pitch, there is no comparing the 2 no matter how much you would like to
Heard JP is after cloning most of the current squad. To add insult to injury, the next batch will end up being managed by Dolly the sheep.

Joyce didn't get an 'absolute roasting' last weekend, so why state that he did? He had a decent day, against 2 of the best forwards in the country. He made some mistakes, and gave some scores up.. but who wouldn't against Rodgers and Reidy? To contain both of them to little or nothing is something very few defenders anywhere can do, and rarely at his age.

Rodgers & Reidy scored a total of 0-2 against Limerick and both got taken off

Rodgers & Reidy scored a total of 1-9 against Cork.

Unfortunately for Cork, that score difference tell it's own story

Rodgers & Reidy scored a total of 0-2 against Limerick and both got taken off

Rodgers & Reidy scored a total of 1-9 against Cork.

Unfortunately for Cork, that score difference tell it's own story
Agree with this.
I’m not singling out any individual players but genuinely I’m in disbelief over some of the analysis on here. There is a reason we are conceding so much…..
Grand to be making exciting bursts forward.. I absolutely love watching it myself.. hair raising brilliance
But it’s all no good when we leave the front gate wide open and can’t mix it physically

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

A Bend In The Road

St. Peters Cork, Today @ 10am

More events ▼