Cork Hurlers - Part 2

All he said was that Downey missed the tackle for David Fitz's goal, and he was at pains to point out that Eoin is a good player and will learn with experience, didn't call or infer anything cowardly.
Separately he said that Cork miss player's willing to "walk on glass" in order to win, which is hard to argue with
He was 75% correct re Downey.

His inexperience and footwork put him in no man's land but the damage was done earlier.

Now, I am not going to single out anyone but o donnells goal is not good viewing for some fan favourites.
If you are interested in learning about defending and how little things really matter have a look at that goal and each time pick out a different cork defender to watch as the move is going on.

That goal should have even far harder to score

Good player very good but who loses out then TAN . Ryan is playing well Lohan will come back. Say if TK comes back fit where does Rodger’s go. In fairness ye have options.
It's really difficult to know
Cian Galvin won't play ahead of any of them.
He is a half back.

Malone is a conundrum. Had a good game but it feels like he is struggling.

Lohan is a good defender as well so maybe Taylor and Kelly might be held and dropped in at midfield for conlon and Malone.

Hogan for halloran
Mcinerney at wing back but take your pick over which of the two get replaced
Jamsie o connor stays in but everyone else including sparrow lynch and Baker would be under pressure from the current players and that's not even considering Kelly and Taylor.

Put it to you this way, Ian Galvin didn't get on Sunday. He would have been a superstar in the 90s with his touch and finishing.
I was with you until Ian Galvin… you could put in any modern IC corner forward with that logic

This is not the brilliant point you think it is.

You are correct, Rodgers played some of the time in the full forward line so he wasn't being marked by Joyce.

So who was out the field when Rodgers went in ?

It was Reidy of course.
Now I don't know about you but i reckon he had a bit of an effect on the game so there is that
Ready had a mighty game, one of his best for Clare but he was everywhere like a lot of the Clare forward line, bar Duggan who held his position by and large. Every Cork defender was under massive pressure in that second half because numbers 8 to 12 were not supporting as they were in the first half. Joyce made plenty positive contribution so to describe his game as getting an absolute roasting is total exaggeration and not ‘material fact’ you’d agree I’m sure?

Someone may have said this already but for the 2nd Clare goal, when the ball goes in behind and there's a 3 v 2, look at the 4/5 Cork defenders out around the 45 marking their own men....not 1 of them sprinted back. Ball watching, as if it's not their problem. Looked like a Junior team mentality. We lost all the big moments

Someone may have said this already but for the 2nd Clare goal, when the ball goes in behind and there's a 3 v 2, look at the 4/5 Cork defenders out around the 45 marking their own men....not 1 of them sprinted back. Ball watching, as if it's not their problem. Looked like a Junior team mentality. We lost all the big moments
3v1 for a second even… someone commented 2013 all over again , not far off . This is preventable basic defensive structure.

The tackle technique with some of our experienced established defenders is not great. Hogan holding up Connolly for what resulted in the Hoggie free is text book, should be shown to all young players. Contrast that to SOD and NOL at times. Shane O’Donnell is impossible to tackle I’ll concede, but Rodger’s waltzing past NoL wasn’t great.

Eoin Roche and COC are excellent at this hold up technique, Roche in particular, real shame he hasn’t been involved the last couple of weeks.

An ‘absolute roasting’ is a ‘material fact’ 😂. You are desperate for evidence that cork are useless to support your ‘demise’ narrative.

Rodger’s did most of his damage from the full forward line where he started and finished. 2 points off Joyce I reckon from centre forward? Joyce had a decent game overall on Sunday.
I felt Joyce got alot of blocks in, it wasnt all bad from Joyce.

Hogan for halloran
Mcinerney at wing back but take your pick over which of the two get replaced
Jamsie o connor stays in but everyone else including sparrow lynch and Baker would be under pressure from the current players and that's not even considering Kelly and Taylor.

Put it to you this way, Ian Galvin didn't get on Sunday. He would have been a superstar in the 90s with his touch and finishing.
Recency bias defined right here ☝️

Who would you put on Gillane on Saturday week?
There’s a good one now. Can’t go SOD again. Wouldn’t have Downey, NOL or Cahalane either. Millerick best equipped probably. But it’s not a 1 man job, need plenty bodies in around him. That’s the conundrum playing limerick - if you follow Hegarty and O’Neill and Co, you’re 1 v 1 with Gillane, if you sit and get numbers around Gillane, you’ll get picked off for 30 pts out the field.

Brian Roche and TOC have to come back into the reckoning here.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Earlier Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

13th Jul 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

Outsound,oghma, Even Angels, Shadows Calling

Fred Zeppelins, Tomorrow @ 8:30pm

More events ▼