Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Dude - we get it. You’re down on this team / management / cork hurling culture etc. That’s all fair enough. I’m not saying you’re wrong and of course you are entitled to express your opinion. But you just keep throwing out the same garbage one-liners. Maybe add something productive or insightful?
You can challenge every poster here on that. Just because a post gets to your hopes up and gives you a semi doesn’t make it insightful.

Dude - we get it. You’re down on this team / management / cork hurling culture etc. That’s all fair enough. I’m not saying you’re wrong and of course you are entitled to express your opinion. But you just keep throwing out the same garbage one-liners. Maybe add something productive or insightful?
It hasn't happened in 6 years so I doubt it will now. :lol!:

Ah lads where is this Magic fantasy we have a good management. Pat has had underage success and managed at club level but the Coach , come on would he walk into Kilkenny or Limerick. Come on lads. We Might scrape a 3rd spot if Davy implodes and we cook something up in 2 weeks. But fuck me we are taking water now.

Ah lads where is this Magic fantasy we have a good management. Pat has had underage success and managed at club level but the Coach , come on would he walk into Kilkenny or Limerick. Come on lads. We Might scrape a 3rd spot if Davy implodes and we cook something up in 2 weeks. But fuck me we are taking water now.
We’ve been taking on water since jamie barrons goal last week . Whenever pat Ryan’s time is up wether it be after next year or not or whenever . Should we look at someone out of cork to manage cork ?

Not good enough today. And also shitting the pants against Waterford. Letting the trend of falling behind early in the league carry on into championship. We are not good enough. Simple as.

Back in the golden days of the local talkpage scene there would be ball hopping going on whenever say man United or arsenal or Liverpool football club would be knocked out of the European cup of lads putting up a thread saying Team/Manager/Player X: Just not good enough. That’s where we are now. Cork hurling, just not good enough. I remember when we said “oh we need underage success and to be competing for Harty Cups”. That happened. Then we said “we need a few tight markers in the full back line”. We got a few. Then we said “we need a dominant centre half back” Joyce arrived. Then we said “we need forwards who can win their own ball.” Dalton arrives, Connolly, Barrett. Harnedy still chipping away. Then we said “we need to be rid of Kingston and Meyler”. That happened. And still we’re as far away as ever, and looking at exiting in Munster for the second year in a row for the first time since 1998. When you add up all the bits of what we have, it’s not enough to win. Five championship games since our last win. Never beaten by more than 2. It can’t be a coincidence. Maybe we’ll need a few strokes of luck to ever get over the line again, but I’m well into my 40s now and I’ve long accepted it’s a case of if rather than when I ever get to see a Corkman walk up the steps of the hogan stand again.

This idea absolutely blows my mind..
Just cause a fella was as good as another fella when they were children doesn’t mean anything at all at all when playing a man’s sport 5 years later.
In the last 20 years Galway have won half the minor All Ireland hurling titles and this has provided 1 senior All Ireland
Limerick going for 5 in a row won jack shit underage.
Underage success is not a predictor of success at adult level. That’s conclusively proven in every team sport in the world.
That’s why it’s celebrated as a rare and special thing that whenever an underage team comes through and they produce 5-6 players at adult level.
Hmmm Limerick under 21 Munster Champions 2015, 2017, under 20 2022, Jack shit hmmm that’s some shit

We’ve been taking on water since jamie barrons goal last week . Whenever pat Ryan’s time is up wether it be after next year or not or whenever . Should we look at someone out of cork to manage cork ?
100%. There’s not a new in Cork that would inspire ya. BOC reign would be similar to Pats. No evidence to say otherwise

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼