After all that's been said and done...

Mick McCarthy or Roy Keane

• Total voters
Hold it hold it, I said I'd love Keane to have a pop and I said MacCarthy had his chance.

That to me is fairly clear.

Now to be fair MM has done a good job at Wolves but I think Saipan automatically rules him out for me for the Ireland job.

Ideally I'd want Martin O'Neill but he's made it clear he would only manage a united or combined Ireland team.

If anything it would stand in his favour for preventing anarchy and maintaining authority in the camp. Keane could of stayed if he wanted but his short fuse got the better if him. His lack of diplomacy skills are evident since.

I'd like to hear you elaborate on your justification of 'he's had his chance'. Is that credible criteria when recruiting? It's not a roster.

We obviously are on opposite sides on Saipan.
It had nothing to do with authority and anarchy, it was a personality clash pure and simple and McCarthy and the FAI wanted him gone, staged a kangaroo court team meeting, drew him out and then got the 3 stooges to go into a press conference and toe the party line. That was clearly not in the best interests of soccer for Ireland but he didn't give a fuck.

We obviously are on opposite sides on Saipan.
It had nothing to do with authority and anarchy, it was a personality clash pure and simple and McCarthy and the FAI wanted him gone, staged a kangaroo court team meeting, drew him out and then got the 3 stooges to go into a press conference and toe the party line. That was clearly not in the best interests of soccer for Ireland but he didn't give a fuck.

That's what it boils down to. A Mé feiner.

If we were an abomination in that World Cup then clearly, it would have stood in Keane's favour...

That wasn't the case though, the players performed admirably...we were far from a disgrace...

Mick deserves kudos for that...

Brian Kerr deserves another shot.

not sure about the senior job, but he should never have been disgarded the way he was in 06. he should be involved in developing the grass roots game here, the man has a fantastic record with underage teams. im sure at this stage his ambitions are much higher however.

em, mccarthy has lots of managerial experience and is doing a good job at wolves .

keane is unproven as a manager.

you simply can't pick him over mccarthy.

and i say that as someone who was 100% behind roy in the saipan issue.

this isn't about that.

it's about who you think would do a better job.

at the moment the only answer can be mccarthy.

McCarthy...........as manager it was his job to maximise Ireland's chances in the WC.
Leaving the preparations and general attitude to success in the camp and the prospects for the WC as a result aside...........deliberately calling out, setting up and kangaroo courting the best player in the squad cos HE and the FAI wanted rid was not maximising Ireland's chances. It was Mick looking after Mick cos a la FAI he knew he was getting a party in the Phoenix Park whether they won, lost or drew.

Wrong attitude. Poor preparation. He got called on it and he threw his toys out of the pram and the FAI and others backed him all the way.............that's not good management, if anything it's the mé féinism you accuse Keane of.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The 2 Johnnies
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

30th May 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

Woah! Mama!

Coughlan's, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼