After all that's been said and done...

Mick McCarthy or Roy Keane

• Total voters
Mick "Bonehead" McCarthy has has his shot at the "Repubalik of Oireland" job and Roy would'nt even consider working with the current F.A.I. set-up.

I'm no great fan of McCarthy but to say he has no chance of ever managing Ireland again is just rubbish. You'd swear 'twas a glamourous job attracting all sorts, like.

I'm no great fan of McCarthy but to say he has no chance of ever managing Ireland again is just rubbish. You'd swear 'twas a glamourous job attracting all sorts, like.

I'm not criticising McCarthy as a manager - It's just that most Football Associations tend to shy away from appointing someone that's held the post before.

I think that McCarthy has done a good job at Wolves and it's great for the national team that he has Doyle, Hunt and Ward starting regularly and Matt Doherty also at the club. (It looks as if O Hara won't declare for us)

There is no argument about who's had the better club management record - to date.

I have more regard for Roy Keane and Paul McGrath than any other Irish Players. McGrath had an awful childhood and it surely contributed to his alcoholism. Keane became one of Man Utd's greatest players and he was Ireland's key player for years.

He had a level of determination that you rarely see. The first time he played vs United for Forrest - Bryan Robson took a pass, early on and Keane hammered him with a tackle - He feared no one and was a winner. I was priviledged to be at the Juventus CL Semi Final away in 1999 and I saw one of the greatest performances ever by Keane - He refused to accept defeat and dragged Utd back from 0-2 down to win 3-2 even though he knew he would miss the final.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Cork's Primetime Comedy Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

27th Jul 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Skazz

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼