After all that's been said and done...

Mick McCarthy or Roy Keane

• Total voters
When Trappatoni leaves his current post who would you prefer to take over as Ireland manager, Mick McCarthy or Roy Keane?

I'm not saying either will apply but if both did who do you think would do a better job?

Corcaigh, if the two questions (which I would of thought would result in the same answer for each individual) are throwing you, just answer who you'd prefer to be there after Trap. You say Delaney is still there so Keane isn't an option but you can't say that with certainty. Keane worked under Quinn when most said it couldn't work and who knows how long more Delaney will be around in his position?

Easy...Mick McCarthy to both.

The current Irish squad is decent but not exactly packed with talent. Most of the players are more grafter than anything. Mick McCarthy has managed a team of grafters all his career and done a good job too. Just look at Wolves for example. He's kept them in the Prem with an average enough bunch of players.

Keane wouldn't have the patience for the current crop. Sure he'd probably try and improve how we play a bit, but to good effect? I doubt it. There are some skillful players in the squad(James McCarthy, McGeady for example) but not enough for us to change to an open style of play I'm afraid. You'd also suspect that Saipan would go against him when it comes to gaining all players' respect.

Mick

All things considered, he did a very good job for us as Ireland manager...2002 was a great World Cup in fairness...we scored plenty of goals and there was lots of excitement...

Most of the players do/would like Mick as well...

On the other hand...most of the players would fear/hate Keane IMO...

Corcaigh, if the two questions (which I would of thought would result in the same answer for each individual) are throwing you, just answer who you'd prefer to be there after Trap. You say Delaney is still there so Keane isn't an option but you can't say that with certainty. Keane worked under Quinn when most said it couldn't work and who knows how long more Delaney will be around in his position?

Hold it hold it, I said I'd love Keane to have a pop and I said MacCarthy had his chance.

That to me is fairly clear.

Now to be fair MM has done a good job at Wolves but I think Saipan automatically rules him out for me for the Ireland job.

Ideally I'd want Martin O'Neill but he's made it clear he would only manage a united or combined Ireland team.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
One Night In Nashville
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

6th Dec 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Curtin // Keating: Sit Stand Smoke

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼