Yet another shinner councillor overboard.

SF have lost a few, it's true, and I suspect there is an issue with party expansion coming up against internal culture. It's hard to maintain at this point the same level of discipline which characterised SF as an embattled political wing of a paramilitary group. But having said that, the loss of a handful of councillors is small stuff. SF's biggest problem in the south is that they are prepared to sell out their C2DE support base in order to share the trough with FFG - they will never win over the ABC1s, and they can only alienate the C2DEs.

Handfull ? will try to get exact figures which would indicate either that you are wrong or you have huge hands.

Handfull ? will try to get exact figures which would indicate either that you are wrong or you have huge hands.

It may well be a larger number. My point is that it is not a particular issue for SF. I confidently assert that most of these people were elected because they were SF candidates, rather than for any particular personal attributes. And because SF is becoming more nakedly opportunistic, it must expect more careerists to jump the bandwagon.

It may well be a larger number. My point is that it is not a particular issue for SF. I confidently assert that most of these people were elected because they were SF candidates, rather than for any particular personal attributes. And because SF is becoming more nakedly opportunistic, it must expect more careerists to jump the bandwagon.

Possibly - I'd say a lot of Soccer Jontin's voters would give a turnip the vote if it had the SF logo next to it. Always a seat there for SF.

However, likes of say Donnacha o' L in South Central got huge personal vote too. Know few lads in Barrs territory who would generally run a mile from SF but gave him the nod. If he jumped ship, a lot of votes would transfer with him.

possibly - i'd say a lot of soccer jontin's voters would give a turnip the vote if it had the sf logo next to it. Always a seat there for sf.

However, likes of say donnacha o' l in south central got huge personal vote too. Know few lads in barrs territory who would generally run a mile from sf but gave him the nod. If he jumped ship, a lot of votes would transfer with him.

it will be interesting to see if peadar toibin seat was a toibin seat or sf seat,

it will be interesting to see if peadar toibin seat was a toibin seat or sf seat,

He is effectively projecting this new party as a pro-life SF. Meath West voted 64-36 in favour of repealing the 8th amendment. I would think his seat is in jeopardy.

He is effectively projecting this new party as a pro-life SF. Meath West voted 64-36 in favour of repealing the 8th amendment. I would think his seat is in jeopardy.

It's a 3 seater with two FG the last time out(one elected). No one else figured so I think he will be safe enough, the FF'er that topped the poll wanted to keep the 8th amendment as well.

It's a 3 seater with two FG the last time out(one elected). No one else figured so I think he will be safe enough, the FF'er that topped the poll wanted to keep the 8th amendment as well.

Bit I assume SF will run against him.... It may come down to a straight race between Tóibín & SF, or a failure of transfers could leave the 2nd FG in.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Sabrina Dinan
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

26th Oct 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼