Win A Gaff

I like novel fund raising ideas but one of the people promoting this was on peeej a week or to and didnt come accross well.

One of the terms and conditions of the draw is that if you "win" you cant flog the gaff or rent it out which suggests that you dont own it if you win it.

I think it's exploitation.

In the middle of a housing crisis where people are desparate to secure a gaf, that €100 should be put towards a deposit rather than a feckin raffle ticket for an apartment in Ballintemple.

Where did they get the gaf from in the first place?

Agreed with ColCork about the ownership situation too, very strange.

Sounds like another example of CCFC trying to raise short term funds.

9,000 tickets @ €100 raises €900,000.
Cost of gaff is less than 300,000. Taking out admin costs advertising etc. should still make a profit of €450k!

I like novel fund raising ideas but one of the people promoting this was on peeej a week or to and didnt come accross well.

One of the terms and conditions of the draw is that if you "win" you cant flog the gaff or rent it out which suggests that you dont own it if you win it.

Who was that person? Could have been one of the GAA heads. Doesn’t matter how he came across because these people have done a brilliant job putting this together.

As for not being able to sell it on? I never heard that and it doesn’t sound right.

9,000 tickets @ €100 raises €900,000.
Cost of gaff is less than 300,000. Taking out admin costs advertising etc. should still make a profit of €450k!

They'll be lucky to sell 9 tickets. But sure with this and the new €1k Cork City ticket they might raise a few quid.

Paul Wycherly, Cork City GM was on with PJ Coogan last week plugging it.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Lyra
Live At The Marquee

16th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Sunday & Bank Holiday Tours

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 2pm

More events ▼