What was your first guitar?

Tanglewood cutaway semi-acoustic.

I say first guitar, I mean only. I've only been playing seven months.

I'd love to get an electric, but I should probably stick with this for a while yet

Nice, I've gone full circle, had the squier, followed by a fender strat, then picked up a lovely takamine acoustic which my brother has at the moment, then a les Paul(black beauty, peach of a guitar), an ovation, Yamaha Pacifica, Ibanez nylon strung and have another acoustic, mandolin and ukelele lying around as well.

Traded most over the years on a whim, only the acoustics are left. Oh to have had a bit of sense and been able to keep some of the electrics

Ouch. Nice piece of kit. Beautiful natural sound out of it.

Best I have ever had and gave it away when I was moving on and could not really carry it with me.My newer Epiphone ES 200 VS is good but not as sweet as the Harmony- the Harmony was a 1960's original before they were taken over and I bought it from a professional player who had moved on to Martins.

Gibson Les Paul - fake knock-off :) Bought in Crowley's as a matter of fact.

Ha ha me too except i bought mine in pro musica. My dad bough it for my 16th birthday. 34 now and will never part with it.

I have a classical & acoustic now too. I broke my fair share of guitars down through the years. I can control my anger these days.

Imitation strat, can't remember the make but it was a heap of shite - would stay in tune for about 10 minutes. Bought a original Gibson Les Paul Standard that I still have today. Nearly got rid of it a few times during my skint college days. So glad I didn't. Doesn't get played as much as it used to and my dreams of being a kick ass drug taking groupie fucking hotel wrecking world touring lead guitarist have faded somewhat.

Started out on bass but moved on to guitar a year later. Bought a third hand Gibson Explorer copy (it was an Aria I believe) with no more than three strings on it at the time of purchase, paint completely cracked and chipped in many places. I can only imagine where that instrument had been in the past but dammit, I loved it to bits.

Bought in, dum dum dum... CROWLEYS.

Yamaha rbx170 from Crowleys, then traded for a Tanglewood Bassmaster Funk (Early model, with maple neck extension, recessed bridge and better looking headstock). Since then, I have aqquired a Kramer D1 Disciple, a Vintage EST96 custom, a Spector NS Fretless, a Fleabass Touring (Great fun and tone), a Stellah SJB (Cheap but fun and lovely looking, not bad sounding) and a Frankenbass which is roadworn custom. Only two were from Crowleys.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Open Streets: Boolaboom Busking
Cornmarket Centre, Cornmarket St.

19th May 2024 @ 1:00 pm
More info..

Camilla Griehsel's Mamasongue

Cork Opera House, Today @ 5pm

More events ▼