What TV Series Are You Watching Now?

It's good not great. Definitely not the greatest show ever.

There's no real character arc for anyone. They all either stay the same or die, at least so far.
Carmello was wrestling with the morals and constraints of her life season 1. Still is Season 3. AJ is a lump season 1 and nothing changes.
Tony is pretty much the same character as he was when we met him.
To be fair Meadow turns into a right minx, which is all the character development I needed!

It's good not great. Definitely not the greatest show ever.

There's no real character arc for anyone. They all either stay the same or die, at least so far.
Carmello was wrestling with the morals and constraints of her life season 1. Still is Season 3. AJ is a lump season 1 and nothing changes.
Tony is pretty much the same character as he was when we met him.

wHaaaat?

Mobsters die or go to prison?

Who'd have thunk.

The Kin season 2 finale was so bad. It just defined all logic. Characters doing shit no reason. Bren Kinsella was a cool character until they decided to make him a fucking incestuous kiddie fiddler ffs. The upside to it all is Aiden Gillen is gone but I was hoping they'd remove Emmet J. Scandjob as well.

The Kin season 2 finale was so bad. It just defined all logic. Characters doing shit no reason.
Bren Kinsella was a cool character until they decided to make him a fucking incestuous kiddie fiddler ffs. The upside to it all is Aiden Gillen is gone but I was hoping they'd remove Emmet J. Scandjob as well.
Ah lad, use the spoiler tag

Watched Top Boy recently
Decent enough
Though at the risk of sounding racist, I had no idea what they were saying some of the time.
Bit like love/hate in that way.
Anyway, good show.

I think its interesting that you compare it to movies.

The Sopranos was very much to the forefront of producing a movie quality product for a tv audience.

Prior to the show television was very much the poor relation. It redefined tv, the prestige show came to the fore.

You can poo poo it all you like its a quality show that has aged very well as the writing is top class and the production standards were of a high standard.

Chase never came close to anything as good again but what a show.
Watched it for the first time all the way through over lockdown having previously seen only a few odd eps from the earlier seasons.

I've watched a lot of tv shows and I think it's the best one I've seen. In a rare victory, I reckon I also got more from it watching it in my 40s than I would have done in my 20s (even though Tony is supposed to be only 35 or 6 I think at the start).

Watched it for the first time all the way through over lockdown having previously seen only a few odd eps from the earlier seasons.

I've watched a lot of tv shows and I think it's the best one I've seen. In a rare victory, I reckon I also got more from it watching it in my 40s than I would have done in my 20s (even though Tony is supposed to be only 35 or 6 I think at the start).

Good point.

You can definitely identify with the family dynamics of it more than you ever would in your 20s.

I think Gandolfini had to put on weight for the role. He definitely looked a lot older.

The main thing for me was how well drawn even minor characters were, they got a lot of fleshed out backstory.

Even the final series that I wasnt overly gone on first time around has improved with rewatches.

They fluffed the ending for me. The fade to black was just a showrunner who buckled under the pressure to deliver a finish.

Still though, when the rest of it is so good you'd nearly get over it.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼