UCC and CIT R&G Week 2011

The infamous R&G(formerly RAG) week has just begun this week. Both CIT and UCC are having it on the same week this year to make matters worse.

Anything good or bad to report on that? It usually ends up on the local news as being carnage around the college rd. area.

I think it was about2 years ago when it got scandalous around the college road vicinity and the student unions have tightened up things since then. There's still the odd crowd that let the show down though.

2 days in and it appears there is nothing to report which can only be good news for the colleges.

Sure theyve no money for rag week.

1224256167202_1.jpg

I think it was about2 years ago when it got scandalous around the college road vicinity and the student unions have tightened up things since then. There's still the odd crowd that let the show down though.

2 days in and it appears there is nothing to report which can only be good news for the colleges.

Aye, they've student's themselves strolling all around College Rd. area and that to try and keep a bit of order and clean up themselves too so the locals don't have to put up the mess.

The infamous R&G(formerly RAG) week has just begun this week. Both CIT and UCC are having it on the same week this year to make matters worse.

Anything good or bad to report on that? It usually ends up on the local news as being carnage around the college rd. area.

Interestingly enough as far as I'm aware it was actually the Gardaí who pushed to have them on the same week so as to make it just one week instead of two for them.

Aye, they've student's themselves strolling all around College Rd. area and that to try and keep a bit of order and clean up themselves too so the locals don't have to put up the mess.

Interestingly enough as far as I'm aware it was actually the Gardaí who pushed to have them on the same week so as to make it just one week instead of two for them.
Both good ideas infairness. God help the students that have to try keep their own in order. Fair play though, they've taken measures to stop things getting over-messy(it's bound to be some bit messy).

2 and a half days in and still nothing bad to report. That must be a first.

any idea who's postering ads for some ucc drinks promotion everywhere?? fucking punks.

Both good ideas infairness.

I don't think it is a good idea at all putting both the UCC/CIT rag weeks together.I know there can be a lot messing about but that is up to the guards to control with help from each college rather than combining both colleges to have theirs the same week which i feel is taking business away from the City.

I don't think it is a good idea at all putting both the UCC/CIT rag weeks together.I know there can be a lot messing about but that is up to the guards to control with help from each college rather than combining both colleges to have theirs the same week which i feel is taking business away from the City.

From my experience, CIT RAG week isn't really a big event. It's the same people are out boozing anyway. You hardly think the CIT students just stay in and let have the UCC students have all the fun. It's just saving the place an extra week of messiness.

And no idea about that drink promotions stuff but I believe that the students unions stopped any pubs from going too low with drinks offers so that people will try and control themselves.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Tony Cantwell - Litterbox

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼