Transatlantic flights get green light.

The 737 is the most popular model of plane ever produced so from a percentage point of view and especially with modernisation of design etc, I would have no issues with the safety or reliability of them.

What I am referring to is the amount of time sitting in a single isle aeroplane.

The 737 is the most popular model of plane ever produced so from a percentage point of view and especially with modernisation of design etc, I would have no issues with the safety or reliability of them.

What I am referring to is the amount of time sitting in a single isle aeroplane.
You'd wonder at the customer services levels of the cabin crew in a 737 for 6 hours.

Just a heads up here now, but be advised the plane that is allocated to this route is a 737 800, they are the same yolks as Ryanair have.
While I welcome it, crossing the pond for 5 / 6 hours in a 737 will be interesting

Been on narrow bodies for five to 6 hours before. Once the seat pitch is decent it is really not much different than sitting on an wide body for the same amount of tims. In fact I would say the shittiest flight I've ever had was on a wide body for over 10 hours. Crap seat pitch, broken entertainment system ,broken toilets and a shortage of food and drink. And that was Air Canada.

Just a heads up here now, but be advised the plane that is allocated to this route is a 737 800, they are the same yolks as Ryanair have.
While I welcome it, crossing the pond for 5 / 6 hours in a 737 will be interesting

Didn't think it's (737 800) range was that much. What about headwinds on the way? Could push it to 7+ hours?

B

Didn't think it's (737 800) range was that much. What about headwinds on the way? Could push it to 7+ hours?

B

Dublin Boston flight not infrequently more than 7 hours flying time in winter if there's a bit of a wind blowing. On the other hand you could be back in 5 hours on a blowy night.

B

It has a range of 5,765 km fully loaded. About a 1000 km more than the distance between Cork and Boston. Obviously that dostance could differ with flight routes etc.

It has a range of 5,765 km fully loaded. About a 1000 km more than the distance between Cork and Boston. Obviously that dostance could differ with flight routes etc.

Still would feel a bit weird....

On long haul I'm not comfortable on anything less that A380 / 747 / 777

But I know the others will make it!

B

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Amigo The Devil
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

21st Jul 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼