Training Run Times

The Ballintotis 4 will be even better this year, they are aiming to step up even further on previous years
with the evening experience for all, C103 commentator John Cashman is one of many who pull it all together,
@Crankycorner this is one you should aim for, Thursday april 18th 8pm

UCC mardyke track is closed until further notice. The underlay is ripping and bubbling apparently it needs a full resurfacing.

MTU is still not available either AFAIK still another few months i there, don't know if there is any track access up there.

Bit of a fuck up for anyone gearing up for an outdoor track season.
That's fairly shocking that is.

Did an old 10k race yesterday. The season opener here, the Postlaf. A hilly number with 2,500 or so runners. Back in the day my best time here was 37 and change, a little off the Pb done on a flatter course. Anyway, this year, with the old issues and almost no quality training at all, I said I'd be happy with 46 or 47 mins. Started far back, chatting to an old friend. Too far back. First km was a 'mare but probably helped in the end. Had a look at the watch a couple of times and saw km splits that were faster than 46 min pace. Grand, but more hills in second half. Felt strong enough and was picking fellas off with regularity. Passed a pile a langers in the last 2 or 3 kms. Quite pleased that the last one was the fastest of the race and the only one at sub 4 min/km. Even if there is a bit of downhill in it ...... Crossed the line in 43.59 and official result took. A couple of seconds off that. Very happy, tbh. Funny how the body can retain some speed even if you haven't used it at all recently. Another 10k next Sunday. Will probably pop along as my pupil is having a lash off the Half, aiming for 1.10. To be fair, great to be doing any sort of racing at all. Keep her lit, lads. TimeO, how are you going, fella? Smurf?

Did an old 10k race yesterday. The season opener here, the Postlaf. A hilly number with 2,500 or so runners. Back in the day my best time here was 37 and change, a little off the Pb done on a flatter course. Anyway, this year, with the old issues and almost no quality training at all, I said I'd be happy with 46 or 47 mins. Started far back, chatting to an old friend. Too far back. First km was a 'mare but probably helped in the end. Had a look at the watch a couple of times and saw km splits that were faster than 46 min pace. Grand, but more hills in second half. Felt strong enough and was picking fellas off with regularity. Passed a pile a langers in the last 2 or 3 kms. Quite pleased that the last one was the fastest of the race and the only one at sub 4 min/km. Even if there is a bit of downhill in it ...... Crossed the line in 43.59 and official result took. A couple of seconds off that. Very happy, tbh. Funny how the body can retain some speed even if you haven't used it at all recently. Another 10k next Sunday. Will probably pop along as my pupil is having a lash off the Half, aiming for 1.10. To be fair, great to be doing any sort of racing at all. Keep her lit, lads. TimeO, how are you going, fella? Smurf?
Thats great running, fair play to you C (y)

Great stuff, carmona, nice confidence boost.

Well done C. Nice going.
I’m tipping away…lost a lot of fitness with multiple bouts of man flu since Christmas. Need to find a target as I’m just drifting along. Might be a few short races over the next few weeks. Will probably be a sufferfest but at least I’ll know where I stand

14 miles this morning, Ballintotis through cloyne, turned right onto whitegate rd. Got to saleen and turned left onto the rathcoursey road, ran along the waterfront looking across at whitegate ,
Just like last week i stopped to a 1/4 mile walk just after mile 11, got going again and while my pace slowed still got to 13.1 @ 1.59.50. last mile @ 9.35,
Lesson if i want to do full in june is on long runs my half should be around 2.10,

14 miles this morning, Ballintotis through cloyne, turned right onto whitegate rd. Got to saleen and turned left onto the rathcoursey road, ran along the waterfront looking across at whitegate ,
Just like last week i stopped to a 1/4 mile walk just after mile 11, got going again and while my pace slowed still got to 13.1 @ 1.59.50. last mile @ 9.35,
Lesson if i want to do full in june is on long runs my half should be around 2.10,
Mighty stuff Jimmy đź‘Ť

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Music Network Presents Linda Fredriksson Juniper
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

14th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼