Training Run Times

Kerching - can't be any issues about water this year - they know the numbers weeks in advance and have maxed their income. Fair dues to them on the selling of the gig. Sport for all(y)
Davis events who made a mess of it last year are gone, I watched an interview with the race director and he said the lady who had been organising
the water stations in previous years is doing so this year,

This is probably the most stupid question asked here lads so I apologise in advance

Someone very near and dear to me has been training for the half , unfortunately we got distracted and missed registration.

Does this mean that she can’t do it or does it mean that she won’t get a number and/or medal.

She’s more interested in the charity side than medals

Also is there any chance of them re-opening the race , I gather the demand is huge ?

Thanks

This is probably the most stupid question asked here lads so I apologise in advance

Someone very near and dear to me has been training for the half , unfortunately we got distracted and missed registration.

Does this mean that she can’t do it or does it mean that she won’t get a number and/or medal.

She’s more interested in the charity side than medals

Also is there any chance of them re-opening the race , I gather the demand is huge ?

Thanks
Plenty of half marathons about.

There is one in aid of Down Syndrome Ireland on 16th June in Haulbowline.

Other than that email the organisers and ask them if there is a waiting list (i expect not)

Option 3 is get a number from someone you know who isnt't running. not sure if transfers are allowed they usually are. If not you need to be satisfied to run under another name and risk a DQ.

They may be tempted to just jump in an bandit the race. nobody will stop you most likely but it's a Dick move, puts pressure on the organisers and can be a big issue if anything goes wrong. Its a small chance bit its a non zero chance..personally i would discourage this. Your friend would have a nicer day supporting the runners on the day and tasting the atmosphere.

Killarney the week after is sold out as well. Another option, in addition to the Down Syndrome 21 is the Waterford Viking Half on the 23rd of June.

Half marathon in youghal mid august as well,

Two lads who were aiming for cork marathon with me are now in a race against time, Both have calf injuries ,
Spoke to one last night he said it isnt looking good, Had done 22 miles start of may and was tapering but
says he will be lucky to make it, Training really does hit the body if you are not in peak ,

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

24th Jul 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..

Liquid Lunch

Cantys, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼