Training Run Times

Good one, Honky. First one too so I wouldn't worry about the time. Yeah, the pacer sounds like he was a small bit off, tbh. The only thing I'd say to you is, keep the chatting to a minimum after the first few kms. If you can find a chatter, great. Let him or her ramble on and every now and again say, Aha. Yeah. I know. But you've made great progress and it's onwards and upwards from here on!!! 2024 Spring target? 1:45 🙂

christ she must be a right battleaxe! if we read here in the new year that you have increased your mileage significantly we will all think your missus is a demon,
:lol!:

He did 20 in 20 last year, he’s raising money for men’s mental health charity this year so I’ll def drop him a few quid when he’s up and going

Good one, Honky. First one too so I wouldn't worry about the time. Yeah, the pacer sounds like he was a small bit off, tbh. The only thing I'd say to you is, keep the chatting to a minimum after the first few kms. If you can find a chatter, great. Let him or her ramble on and every now and again say, Aha. Yeah. I know. But you've made great progress and it's onwards and upwards from here on!!! 2024 Spring target? 1:45 🙂
I suppose I should pick another one alright. I’m def the kind that a target helps a lot as I’ll get out and do the training then

Not sure about 1:45 though!

The Raheny 5 mile is open for entries so I just paid up. Jan 28th, will have around 4000 running and great support on the streets. I did it in 2022, just checked my time which was 44.30. Going to target 38.30 this time, will give me a reason to keep the running going through Christmas!

The Raheny 5 mile is open for entries so I just paid up. Jan 28th, will have around 4000 running and great support on the streets. I did it in 2022, just checked my time which was 44.30. Going to target 38.30 this time, will give me a reason to keep the running going through Christmas!
An early in the year race is great for post xmas motivation, Dungarvan early feb is very popular,

Ah Jesus.. I just realised that’s the Sunday of the weekend we are away for my mums birthday and it’s a big one. I’ll get back in time for the race but preparation won’t exactly be ideal!

Revise the time target to 68.30 😂

Well run HH and thanks for putting up the report. Seems strange that your pacer wasn't starting in the main body of runners nearer the front. Sounds like space was fairly tight with the runners coming against ye too. Some dose with the muddy soccer pitch, LOL.

No matter, you did a decent time and are no longer a HM virgin - onwards and upwards (y)

Last edited:
Well run HH and thanks for putting up the report. Seems strange that your pacer wasn't starting in the main body of runners nearer the front. Sounds like space was fairly tight with the runners coming against ye too. Some dose with the muddy soccer pitch, LOL.

No matter, you did a decent time and are no longer a HM virgin - onwards and upwards (y)
Given that they announced the waves in the correspondence before the race, and made about 100 announcements in the field about being in the right wave, you would imagine that they would put the 1:40, 1:45 and 1:50 pacers in the 1:40-1:55 wave!

Happy afterwards physically as well, I had a bit of stiffness in the thighs yesterday but nothing significant, and nothing at all to report today really - I'll get out for 10km tomorrow night

Last edited:
Given that they announced the waves in the correspondence before the race, and made about 100 announcements in the field about being in the right wave, you would imagine that they would put the 1:40, 1:45 and 1:50 pacers in the 1:40-1:55 wave!

Happy afterwards physically as well, I had a bit of stiffness in the thighs yesterday but nothing significant, and nothing at all to report today really - I'll get out for 10km tomorrow night
You should be a bit more fooked than that, Honky. I'd be careful with that 10k. Very easy pace or preferably cut it down and still very easy pace.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Coldplace - The World's Leading Coldplay Tribute
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

20th Sep 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

The Hacklers

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 6:30pm

More events ▼