Time for referees to be accountable to someone, anyone

It's simple lads, RTE and the GAA like having KK and K to be toppled. It keeps viewers and attendances climbing. What better way to guarantee it, have the ref ensure it. Now I am not for one second saying he is told to go one way or another but it doesn't have to be for 70 mins, only one or two crucial decisions are needed. So KK are cheating puke hurlers but they get a penalty from nowhere and win. Kerry are cheating bastards but they get away with clocking people and Gooch cheating for frees and win.

And the worst of it is, next year we will tilt at their crowns playing the games as they were intended and we will probably lose. I love the fact we play the games the way they are supposed to be played but I have to say going to Croker and Thurles every year and almost getting there is sickening. Of course I'll do it all again next year anyway cos that's what Cork supporters do but we need to face the fact that the business of the GAA and the games as they have been allowed to develop put us at an automatic disadvantage.

It's simple lads, RTE and the GAA like having KK and K to be toppled. It keeps viewers and attendances climbing. What better way to guarantee it, have the ref ensure it. Now I am not for one second saying he is told to go one way or another but it doesn't have to be for 70 mins, only one or two crucial decisions are needed. So KK are cheating puke hurlers but they get a penalty from nowhere and win. Kerry are cheating bastards but they get away with clocking people and Gooch cheating for frees and win.

And the worst of it is, next year we will tilt at their crowns playing the games as they were intended and we will probably lose. I love the fact we play the games the way they are supposed to be played but I have to say going to Croker and Thurles every year and almost getting there is sickening. Of course I'll do it all again next year anyway cos that's what Cork supporters do but we need to face the fact that the business of the GAA and the games as they have been allowed to develop put us at an automatic disadvantage.

cant agree with you cor32 like tipp it was corks finishing yesterday which let them down and that cant be blamed on the ref;as for kennally on frist glance i thought it was just a missed timed tackle it was not until i saw the replay that we saw the elbow come up so it is unfair to blame the ref he does not have that benifit.yes they all make mistakes even the best of them but as i said on another thread until we put ourselves in a position like them it is very unfair to slate them like some do here.by the way hard luck yesterday but imo with a bit of experience ye are capable of winning an AI in the next year or two

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Elvana - Elvis Fronted Nirvana
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

13th Mar 2025 @ 7:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼