Time for referees to be accountable to someone, anyone

Personally I feel that the time has come for the men in black to be held acountable for their performance. Not sure how this could be done, but God Dammit they have to be accountable to someone.

they are. and the didnt loose the game for us.

Who are they accountable to? And I not saying that he cost usthe game yesterday.

All referees right across the board from under-age to inter county need to be held accountable. I have seen problems with referees this year from U-12 right up to the adult teams in most of my clubs games this year.

They are a law unto themselves and if you happen to make a complaint about one of them to your board/under-age board, you are told that without referees you won't have games. Well, if players are being wronged left, right and centre, we won't have players to play those games!!!!

Given it was his first all-ireland, there was no way he was going to send someone off, sp. in the first minute, but I concur, and missing the double-bounce was a terrible oversight sp for somone with a reputation for being a 'stickler'(?) to the rules.

i dont see players being wrong left right and center, i see refferees trying their best and some are better than others. where was your thread about referees after the munster final

i dont see players being wrong left right and center, i see refferees trying their best and some are better than others. where was your thread about referees after the munster final

Look, I know referees are only human and they do make mistakes but surley if they fuck up, which they do, they should be questioned about the decisions they made.

I got disillusioned with Gaelic at 11 when the Carrigtwohill keeper turned and punched me square in the gob after clearing the ball.

Ref saw it all and just walked off.

I still can't get to grips with the idea that it's manly to dig a fella off the ball and if you react, you're a chump.

Something wrong with that.

Essentially, GAA is not a "gentleman's game".

I got disillusioned with Gaelic at 11 when the Carrigtwohill keeper turned and punched me square in the gob after clearing the ball.
Ref saw it all and just walked off.

I still can't get to grips with the idea that it's manly to dig a fella off the ball and if you react, you're a chump.

Something wrong with that.

Essentially, GAA is not a "gentleman's game".

Something similar happened to one of our U-12's recently. The opposition head-butted him clear in the face and the young fella was taken-off with a burst nose. Referee saw it,cautioned him but issued no card nothing. 10 mins later, he did it again to the replacement. Got a yellow card for that. He should have been sent off the first time. :vamp:

well i was listening to the radio in the car there that ref was on, said he had a great game, both sets of players were v honest, and he didnt think the coverage he got bfore the game was fair, he got heaps of praise from the interviever, and left a very contented camper,, how i didnt crash il never know by the way it was ocean fm here in sligo i was listening to

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: Best Of Irish Comedy

The Roundy, Tomorrow @ 8:30pm

More events ▼