Them Teachers

Teaching is a stressful job, but it by no means the only one. I get stressed at work but i dont get three months off in the summer to recover!

Fair nough so. Come one in to my class sometime and when you are told go F yoursel Dawg 3 times a day, you might see things different.

Fair nough so. Come one in to my class sometime and when you are told go F yoursel Dawg 3 times a day, you might see things different.

Come into the District Court with me sometime and you might see things differently too!

My mother is a teacher, im not disputing that it is a tough profession - it just isnt tougher than alot of other professions out there, and the time off is a hell of alot better than other professions.

unlike most jobs its very hard for a teacher to get promoted and they can't go higher than principle.. their starting salary is good and for the first few years but its not long before others with 3rd level education catch and pass them on the earning stakes

unlike most jobs its very hard for a teacher to get promoted and they can't go higher than principle.. their starting salary is good and for the first few years but its not long before others with 3rd level education catch and pass them on the earning stakes

True, on the flip side though

1. Great holidays
2. Great job security
3. Great pension
4. Great maternity benefits
5. Great union protection.

All those things need to be factored in too.

Its not about the money. Its about the look on the little peoples face when you give them a gold star.

Teachers should have to play British Bulldog to see who gets promoted.

Folks often go on about teachers. We don't make this, we don't make that....I'll tell you straight what we make, "We make a difference."
Even if no one thanks us for it.

Fair enough but it's also not long before other people lose there jobs because they don't have the same level of job protection as teachers. i know a few teachers who do grinds at night and at summer all cash in hand. Correcting or doing work at home in the evening is their own fault for not dong it in school in the first place. Putting up with the little bastards in class is to be fair a hard job and the moment that you give out to them the parents are in giving you grief however it's up to the teacher to gain and maintain control of the class that's what they are trained to do.

The stress that's involved is tough but no tougher than any other job. I used to be in sales and if you want stress then try driving 50,000 miles a year, away from home an average 2 nights a week, chasing sales and dealing with tough targets and fuckwit drivers with very little prospect for advancement. Don't even get me started about pensions!!!!

My Dad is a part time teacher and he old some colleagues moaning about cuts recently to shut the fuck up, keep there heads down and say nothing while all the TD's took the flack because if people ever turned around and realised how soft they really had it they would be crucified!

Last year I met a bunch of teachers in Athlone correcting exams for the junior/senior certs and was amazed that they even tried to defend themselves all bar one girl who admitted that she was onto a good thing. Expenses to get there, nice hotel, 9-5, meal allowance and some of them even brought their partners because the room was paid for! From 06.00 Mon morning to 20.00 Thurs evening I had just over 1250 miles done with another 150 to go and at least 56 hrs work, driving, planning etc under my belt not to mention being stuck in a different hotel for the last 3 days and still was only making half what they were getting! One of them thought I had a great job staying away so much! Yeah it's brilliant staying away from family and friends 1 week a year but try every week. Bastards the lot of them! now I'm glad I was a prick at school, at least I made them work for their money!!!!!!!!!!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Do You Believe In The Power Of Rock & Roll? - An Evening with John Robb
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

14th Sep 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

DJ Val

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 11pm

More events ▼