Them Teachers

they are really starting to piss me off. they are well paid and get savage fucking holidays. I say fair enough we go along with them.

I say let them have their wages. But make them work the summer. I'm pretty sure the government could use their skills during the summer teaching kids/unemployed people etc courses. Or even getting them to do work in election years etc. Getting full pay for doing fuck all during the summer isn't an option during the recession.

If they want to keep their sumer holidays take a pay cut.
So in my opinion if they only concerned about the budget effecting the poor kiddies let them make use of their summers giving back. If their that concerned and worried like.

look....the ONLY reason people become teachers is becuase they're a) lazy or b)didn't get a good enough degree to do something that pays well...

they should take a pay cut during a recessy.

This is probably going to come as a shock to a few people, but teachers do plenty of work when they're not actually teaching.

Preparing course plans.
Preparing lesson plans.
Setting and correcting of exams
Timetabling.
Training courses.

Soundbites about them having short hours and long holidays are great, but display a great ignorance of what the job involves.

Mind you, they must share some blame for educating a generation of people who thought they were entitled to a fantastic salary for coming out of school with minimal qualifications.

they are really starting to piss me off. they are well paid and get savage fucking holidays. I say fair enough we go along with them.

I say let them have their wages. But make them work the summer. I'm pretty sure the government could use their skills during the summer teaching kids/unemployed people etc courses. Or even getting them to do work in election years etc. Getting full pay for doing fuck all during the summer isn't an option during the recession.

If they want to keep their sumer holidays take a pay cut.
So in my opinion if they only concerned about the budget effecting the poor kiddies let them make use of their summers giving back. If their that concerned and worried like.

I actually agree 100% and it would mean Irish kids would have a headstart on other countries and help save on child-minding costs.

they have every weekend off.........every summer off......never have to work nights.....can take on extra work in the summer ..... if they go on strike what a joke it will be.......over paid as it is....BRING IN BENCHMARKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is probably going to come as a shock to a few people, but teachers do plenty of work when they're not actually teaching.

Preparing course plans.
Preparing lesson plans.
Setting and correcting of exams
Timetabling.
Training courses.

Soundbites about them having short hours and long holidays are great, but display a great ignorance of what the job involves.

Mind you, they must share some blame for educating a generation of people who thought they were entitled to a fantastic salary for coming out of school with minimal qualifications.

Does that take up three months of their time?

Does that take up three months of their time?

Depends.

I know a principal of a school. He gets about three weeks holidays in the summer. The rest of the time, though the school is closed, he is in school organising the timetable for the next year etc etc.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

15th May 2024 @ 9:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼