The Official Rugby World Cup 2019 Thread

They were lucky that they weren’t pinged for in at the side in those phases, then Farrells awful passing cost them when they tried to go wide.

Also, Billy V would want to shed some weight again, a busted flush at 50 mins once more. He hinders that backrow more than anything,

"Finally, lolz at Gatland being vindicated, English did play their final in the semi. That will hurt Jones most of all."
Thought the same but have to say Jones'post match reported gracious, no excuses comments redeemed him in my book.

Joe in the same spot would have been putting it firmly at the door of the bus driver.

They were lucky that they weren’t pinged for in at the side in those phases, then Farrells awful passing cost them when they tried to go wide.

Also, Billy V would want to shed some weight again, a busted flush at 50 mins once more. He hinders that backrow more than anything,

Got put down twice by Kolbe iirc

What stood out for me this morning was the amount of solid tackles that went in waist high or below. Most were effective. It's the future of the game - has to be.

This bus thing is horse by-product in the extreme.

England lost because their pack was shunted around the place and they couldn't pass the ball more than a couple of phases without dropping it or knocking it on. Youngs stunk the place out in the first half with some of his attempted passes.

This bus thing is horse by-product in the extreme.

England lost because their pack was shunted around the place and they couldn't pass the ball more than a couple of phases without dropping it or knocking it on. Youngs stunk the place out in the first half with some of his attempted passes.

Jones deliberately ran them late during the 6 Nations in the event of it happening in the WC.

Jones seems to be taking it on the chin in fairness, they systematically destroyed the All Blacks and in turn got destroyed themselves. Nothing more to it.

I think I’ll have to rewatch it from ITV tonight, specifically for Dallglio hyping up Cole as he comes on and then proceeds get his nose pushed through his arse by The Beast in the very next scrum.

Jones seems to be taking it on the chin in fairness, they systematically destroyed the All Blacks and in turn got destroyed themselves. Nothing more to it.

I think I’ll have to rewatch it from ITV tonight, specifically for Dallglio hyping up Cole as he comes on and then proceeds get his nose pushed through his arse by The Beast in the very next scrum.

Such a way with words, Nell_Y :)

Ha tis true though.

I was going to go with “Cole turned into a diamond with all the pressure”. But I used that in a chat across the fence with the neighbour earlier.

Dawson is an absolute bollox. He’s almost a forgotten man in rugby these days. He was only on BBC Radio 5 live for this.
You’d think he’d learn his lesson from 2001, Donal Lenihan is breaking his hole laughing I’d say.

Had to record the game so was on a phone and social media ban.

I thought it was a great game, very decent final. Some observations at the final whistle:

- great games from Vermeulen and Du Toit, the former got the MOTM for the turnovers but it was a toss up
- Malcom Marx is such a better player than Mabimbi, works so much harder, really disrupted the set plays off line outs in particular by charging up in front of Farrell, forcing Youngs to run
- watching on ITV was a pleasure, 4 English lads on comms and POC drinking the soup, the straw grasping from them, ignoring England’s side entry , Snyman pinned in by Itoje, the English scrum penalty coming from Marley boring in
- Dan Cole being made a show of on the biggest stage of all, the guy is a walking penalty machine that ITV delightfully ignored in their analysis
- Farrell was appalling, he ruined numerous advantages by passing behind Daly who was coming on at pace
- Erasmus unleashed the backs and you could tell Jones and England weren’t expecting it, lovely try and a nice bit of karma for Kolbe to score the final try after being told he was too small for Test rugby
- Le Roux played his best game in about 2 seasons

Finally, lolz at Gatland being vindicated, English did play their final in the semi. That will hurt Jones most of all.
Erasmus out thought him, South Africa out played them.

Well deserved.
Well done Rassie, Felix, Alex, Jacques and South Africa.

👍
Very fair comment!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Curtin // Keating: Sit Stand Smoke

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼