The Official PROC Restaurant review thread.

The best value eatery in the city is Sabor Nordestino (renamed Sabor Brazil recently), where you can get delicious food served in meals that often cost less than €13. Beef strips (comes with rices, Brazilian beans and a choice of leaves or potato salad) is a personal favourite. It's mainly Brazilians that eat there, and my friend's Brazilian wife (a regular) says it's completely authentic. Try their desserts too. They also serve a fantastic soft drink called Guarana.
Have you been to the other Brazillian place on Kyle street? looks take away ey but seems popular

Has anyone tried Church Lane in Midleton? The food looks absolutely stunning although a bit pricy.

€38 for a two course lunch on a Sunday, and the sandwiches on their midweek lunch menu are €13-€14. That's a lot for a casual midweek sandwich like.

Very best of luck to them anyways

I ate in Elbow Lane again a few weeks back. It was all really good as usual.

The pork belly with fish sauce and peanut rāyu is delicious. The steaks are still cooked better there than anywhere in town.

Enjoyed watching one of the table staff and a bartender have a bit of a blow up.

Cut to the end of the meal. Bill paid yadda-yadda. The lady who looked after us comes over with packs of their spice rub and says "Guys, we wanted to thank you for being regular customers this year. We'd like to offer you these packs of spices on the house. Merry Christmas".

I protested - mainly cos I didn't want to have to carry the thing around pubs with me - but also out of Irish politeness. "Ah no, you're grand. No... OK so."

Looked at the packs the next morning - they'd gone beyond their shelf date.

That's how much my custom means to them... Gone off spice mix!

(Probably still fine).

2x Cocktails
2x Starters
2x Steaks
Couple of sides
Pichet of Italian Red
Bottle still water

€135 ish plus €25 tip.

I ate in Elbow Lane again a few weeks back. It was all really good as usual.

The pork belly with fish sauce and peanut rāyu is delicious. The steaks are still cooked better there than anywhere in town.

Enjoyed watching one of the table staff and a bartender have a bit of a blow up.

Cut to the end of the meal. Bill paid yadda-yadda. The lady who looked after us comes over with packs of their spice rub and says "Guys, we wanted to thank you for being regular customers this year. We'd like to offer you these packs of spices on the house. Merry Christmas".

I protested - mainly cos I didn't want to have to carry the thing around pubs with me - but also out of Irish politeness. "Ah no, you're grand. No... OK so."

Looked at the packs the next morning - they'd gone beyond their shelf date.

That's how much my custom means to them... Gone off spice mix!

(Probably still fine).

2x Cocktails
2x Starters
2x Steaks
Couple of sides
Pichet of Italian Red
Bottle still water

€135 ish plus €25 tip.

All of that for €135 seems like good value but €25 tip on a €135 bill is very generous, especially when you include 2 cocktails and pichet of wine as part of the 135 imho.

I've received another gift voucher for Isaacs. How do I tell the person who gave the voucher that I very much appreciate the thought but that Isaacs is overpriced muck without offending them? :unsure:

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Open Mic Night

Fred Zeppelins, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼