The Official PROC Restaurant review thread.

Aishling Moore from Goldie was over in that London at the weekend to be on Sunday Brunch with the exceedingly creepy Tim Lovejoy and the stone-dead behind the eyes Simon Rimmer.

I didn't see it but apparently her book sales have shot up this week. Brilliant push for her - not that Goldie needs pushing currently.

Aishling Moore from Goldie was over in that London at the weekend to be on Sunday Brunch with the exceedingly creepy Tim Lovejoy and the stone-dead behind the eyes Simon Rimmer.

I didn't see it but apparently her book sales have shot up this week. Brilliant push for her - not that Goldie needs pushing currently.

We had Goldie booked for my birthday but cancelled it and are going the week after instead.

Random one, can anyone recommend a restaurant or a bar with food in Cahersiveen?

I know O'Neills the Point is the obvious spot but I need somewhere in the town.

Danke

QCs is OK for an evening meal MOE. Camo's up by the pedestrian crossing from the Church is OK for a snack, and Pettit Delice is superbe quality at very reasonable price if you like cakes or deserts. Or if you've smallies with you the old church on the left heading west does a decent pizza and bottle of wine.

Sorry, I neglected the bar aspect. I think the Anchor opposite Siopa Shu on mainstreet does decent looking grub - havent had grub there in a while though. There used be a place opposite the old church was a great bar doing great food but not sure if it's still doing it. Tend to go into The Point aka O'Neils in Reynard or else into the Lobster in Waterville, which is a great bar and very good food reasonably priced.

QCs is OK for an evening meal MOE. Camo's up by the pedestrian crossing from the Church is OK for a snack, and Pettit Delice is superbe quality at very reasonable price if you like cakes or deserts. Or if you've smallies with you the old church on the left heading west does a decent pizza and bottle of wine.

Thanks ElderMan, I'll happily take those recommendations. Last time I was down was in November and there was absolutely nowhere open, I got dinner in a chipper.

Some quality pubs though. It was the wettest, stormiest day you can imagine, and all the pubs had big roaring fires. Bliss.

Went to Farmgate in the Market this morning for breakfast. Was very tasty but pricey. €17.50 for 2 sausages, 2 rashers, black pudding, a tomato, 2 eggs, toast and tea. 7.5/10.

I go there a bit with my old man. It's one of the few places that does interesting things for breakfast for those who don't eat meat (my dad). The smoked pepperonata, for example, is very nice.

Their full Irish is very tasty but a bit boring and the chef seems to like serving fairly snotty fried eggs.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

24th Jul 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..

Storytelling

Franciscan Well Brew Pub, Tomorrow @ 8:30pm

More events ▼