The Official PROC Restaurant review thread.

Thanks ElderMan, I'll happily take those recommendations. Last time I was down was in November and there was absolutely nowhere open, I got dinner in a chipper.

Some quality pubs though. It was the wettest, stormiest day you can imagine, and all the pubs had big roaring fires. Bliss.

Errah eating is cheating ;)

Meant to say, if you're not going to O'Neills and distance isn't a problem, you could do an awful lot worse than The Fisherman's in Portmagee - doesn't look a whole lot from the outside but absolutely beautiful food in there and a good pint. Less pretentious, cheaper, and imho every bit as good as the nearby Moorings/Bridge Bar.

Tell them a sound guy from Cork recommended them ;)

Sorry was that doxxing 😅

Anyway I'm really looking forward to tomorrow now, I love Cahersiveen. I've around an hour of work to do down there and then I've the day to myself
We always went to The Ring of Kerry hotel on the outskirts. It is a 3 star but gorgeous food. I had lovely pan fried hake with ratoutille and mash one time. So good. Nice pints as well. I think it's a refugee centre now. It's the only place we ever ate while staying in Glenbeigh. Nice desserts too.
The chowder in the Glenbeigh hotel at the start of the village on the journey down there is really decent but the rest of the menu isn't great. Good stout pulled. Not the best village for meals though it's been a while since I was there

We always went to The Ring of Kerry hotel on the outskirts. It is a 3 star but gorgeous food. I had lovely pan fried hake with ratoutille and mash one time. So good. Nice pints as well. I think it's a refugee centre now. It's the only place we ever ate while staying in Glenbeigh. Nice desserts too.
The chowder in the Glenbeigh hotel at the start of the village on the journey down there is really decent but the rest of the menu isn't great. Good stout pulled. Not the best village for meals though it's been a while since I was there

Decent stop in Glenbeigh on the way down is The Towers "Hotel". Good bar with good food facing you as you drive through, or just before it on the left (kind of opposite the Sleepy Camel) is Emilies which does lovely scones, bread, deserts, falafels etc etc

Decent stop in Glenbeigh on the way down is The Towers "Hotel". Good bar with good food facing you as you drive through, or just before it on the left (kind of opposite the Sleepy Camel) is Emilies which does lovely scones, bread, deserts, falafels etc etc
I was on holidays there for 20 years nearly. The Towers bar food wasn't great. The Glenbeigh Hotel is better. I haven't been down in a while to see those new places but we used to get lock ins till 6 am. Couldn't be doing it now 😅

I was on holidays there for 20 years nearly. The Towers bar food wasn't great. The Glenbeigh Hotel is better. I haven't been down in a while to see those new places but we used to get lock ins till 6 am. Couldn't be doing it now 😅

Ate in The Towers after hill-walking in the area twice in the last two years and maybe it was the hunger after being out on the hills but I found it great. A roaring fire and a couple of pints probably helped too.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

24th Jul 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..

Cork/Brittany maritime Residency Exhibition

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 1pm

More events ▼