The Official PROC Restaurant review thread.

Cornmarket 51 on Saturday night.

The owner/host lady was great, we were late because of bedtime fuckacting from the kids. Rang her and voicemail said to text, very responsive, no hassle. all good.

Dining room is Tiny and they max it out maybe 10 tables quite close together but they have lighting and music down. it felt intimate rather than like you were sitting at someone else's table.

Food was excellent. we were so late we skipped starters. So Brill on the Bone and a Njuga cream sauce and mussels, for me monkfish fritters for Mrs. Lovely stuff. the rest of the menu looked great. Venison sirloin, Beef tartre, pickled mussels. Very diverse. it was lovely.

we got a lash of sides, which were big enough for two so we likely over ordered, but no fault. parmesian spuds took some getting used to but overall lovely.

Wine by the glass was same relative price for a bottle, our €11 150ml glasses of Reisling worked out the same as for the €55 bottle.

An excellent basque cheesecake and French Coffee to finish a lovely meal.

Overall servcie was excellent. Its a touch spendy spendy ~€34 for mains, €15/16 for starters but I don't mind that for the quality and it wasn't crazy. They have to cover costs of a small number of covers too I guess.

This place was new to us. Will definely go back

Anyone got a tip for best fish and chips in the city?

Gallaghers used be great but I wasn't blown away the last time I was there, I thought the batter was very thick.

Kielys on Maylor Street looks decent, would that be the best these days? My default is just to head to Dinos but I find that as lovely as their fish is, the amount of bones is scandalous.

Anyone got a tip for best fish and chips in the city?

Gallaghers used be great but I wasn't blown away the last time I was there, I thought the batter was very thick.

Kielys on Maylor Street looks decent, would that be the best these days? My default is just to head to Dinos but I find that as lovely as their fish is, the amount of bones is scandalous.

Goldie is savage but you’d definitely need a reservation.

Quinlans is very very nice. Haven’t been in a while but was always well happy after it.

Cornmarket 51 on Saturday night.

The owner/host lady was great, we were late because of bedtime fuckacting from the kids. Rang her and voicemail said to text, very responsive, no hassle. all good.

Dining room is Tiny and they max it out maybe 10 tables quite close together but they have lighting and music down. it felt intimate rather than like you were sitting at someone else's table.

Food was excellent. we were so late we skipped starters. So Brill on the Bone and a Njuga cream sauce and mussels, for me monkfish fritters for Mrs. Lovely stuff. the rest of the menu looked great. Venison sirloin, Beef tartre, pickled mussels. Very diverse. it was lovely.

we got a lash of sides, which were big enough for two so we likely over ordered, but no fault. parmesian spuds took some getting used to but overall lovely.

Wine by the glass was same relative price for a bottle, our €11 150ml glasses of Reisling worked out the same as for the €55 bottle.

An excellent basque cheesecake and French Coffee to finish a lovely meal.

Overall servcie was excellent. Its a touch spendy spendy ~€34 for mains, €15/16 for starters but I don't mind that for the quality and it wasn't crazy. They have to cover costs of a small number of covers too I guess.

This place was new to us. Will definely go back
You call your wife Mrs Lovely Stuff? Weird

Farmgate in Midleton isn't reopening due to the costs incurred after the floods.

Closing after 40 years But they say they right reopen in another location in the future. Sad 😔

I went to Umi Falafal on Academy Street for dinner last night. Absolutely gorgeous, fresh food. €8 for a pitta with falafel, hummus, olives, pickled cucumber, tomato, and tsatsiki. The staff there are outrageously friendly too.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Rock Bar, Gillabbey St.

21st Aug 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..

Cork Voices Of The Irish Revolution

St. Peters Cork, Today @ 10am

More events ▼