The official Premier League 22/23 thread

It's a bit of a silly concept and shows Todd Ball-ache's lack of understanding of the "legacy" fans in the industry where he has a multi-billion pound asset.

The spin about this being a way to support the football pyramid is disingenuous. There's more than enough money flowing around the PL, which could be used for this purpose. If it did get off the ground it wouldn't surprise me to see the proceeds routed elsewhere after a few years too.

That said, if something like this were to happen I'd find a different format much more interesting..

Not an XI from "Northern" clubs vs an XI from "Southern" clubs. But an XI based on the international teams which they represent

Europe & US & Asia
vs
South America & Africa & Oz/Middle East​

Players might actually get some degree of motivation to play alongside guys from their same continent

...whereas I struggle to see Salah, Haaland & Bruno Fernandes being pumped for the chance to win it together for "the North".

It's a bit of a silly concept and shows Todd Ball-ache's lack of understanding of the "legacy" fans in the industry where he has a multi-billion pound asset.

The spin about this being a way to support the football pyramid is disingenuous. There's more than enough money flowing around the PL, which could be used for this purpose. If it did get off the ground it wouldn't surprise me to see the proceeds routed elsewhere after a few years too.

That said, if something like this were to happen I'd find a different format much more interesting..

Not an XI from "Northern" clubs vs an XI from "Southern" clubs. But an XI based on the international teams which they represent

Europe & US & Asia
vs
South America & Africa & Oz/Middle East​

Players might actually get some degree of motivation to play alongside guys from their same continent

...whereas I struggle to see Salah, Haaland & Bruno Fernandes being pumped for the chance to win it together for "the North".

We have a world cup for nationality based football. And other regional tournaments.

Now, be a good yank and go home.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Open Streets: Boolaboom Busking
Cornmarket Centre, Cornmarket St.

19th May 2024 @ 1:00 pm
More info..

Cathal Fitz

Cantys, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼