The Official Man Utd Thread - Part 3.

I watched the Ole episode on Stick to Football. Thought he came across very well, didn't really stick the boot in on anyone. Probably just too nice for the job, I noticed he never named Pogba when discussing the players he worked with, I'd say that he was toxic. Loved the story of Roy driving 8 hours in a Volvo to meet him because Ole was a bit down after the getting the sack.

He's nothing if not a complicated individual.

There are lots of sides of Keane. Some very positive (esp. with charities, kids) but others less so.
I'd say he's matured as a nation to borrow a PROC phrase. Whatever drove him on a pitch probably led to him being a bit of a cunt as a player.

In his younger days you'd think he didn't like his teammates for not possessing his maniacal will to win, but he's always full of praise for them now whenever he speaks about his time at United. Doesn't talk much about his Irish team mates mind........

As I say, he's a contradiction.

By all accounts he hit the grog pretty hard in the first half of his career, but would destroy teammates for perceived flaws.

To this day he still holds grudges with lots of ex-players / teammates / managers, which isn't normal behaviour for a man in his 50s.

But catch him on his good day and you can tell he's mellowed and is maybe even a little embarrassed at some of the types of behaviour that his driven nature resulted in. In the right company, when he's not putting on a show for Sky Super Sunday, he looks like good company.

No doubt his Irish teammates were, on average, at a lower level to his club colleagues. But there was a unique team spirit, for a few decades, in that group that in their own way drove them on as a cohesive group. To a large degree Keane was a lone wolf outside of that group dynamic. But he contributed so much that it wasn't an issue. Players treated Roy as a special case and walked on egg shells at times.

I'd say he's matured as a nation to borrow a PROC phrase. Whatever drove him on a pitch probably led to him being a bit of a cunt as a player.

In his younger days you'd think he didn't like his teammates for not possessing his maniacal will to win, but he's always full of praise for them now whenever he speaks about his time at United. Doesn't talk much about his Irish team mates mind........
Reading his book the second half, Really enjoying the chapters on the sunderland job,

Is there much connection between fans and ETH? Much of the endearment I have for him is from the Alternative MUFC (Bald is Best). I find him a hard listen in interviews and that probably is down to English as a second language but there's just seems to be very little personality there.

I'd like him to get another year going off first season and he has helped start a clear out that was badly needed. I won't shed too many tears if he does go though. No strong feelings towards him either way!

A lot of the media are cunts. Andy mitten interviewed Ten Hag about a month ago and said he was very nice and had a good sense of humour once he relaxed. But every time he does a press conference he's in there with a bunch of people trying to trip him up.

They're also reporting that he's a dead man walking every day and linking every manager from Southgate to DeZerbi with his job. You'd probably come across as guarded and inhospitable too having to deal with those muck rakers.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Linda Fredriksson Juniper
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

14th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼