The Official Man Utd Thread - Part 3.

I'd agree. Part of why he's a bit all over the place is there are gaps left right & centre and he's trying to be pro-active and keep the show on the road. In a more mature, balanced set-up he'd be able to slot in a more stuctured way - like he does for Portugal.

He turns 30 in Sep. By the time Man Utd get their act in order chances are he'll have moved on elsewhere or retired. He'll still be very useful to keep around for the next 2 years at least.

Keane was going on about whats he won and does he improve the players around him. Which to my mind is complete bullshit. Bruno for most of his time at United has been surrounded by dogshit players. Keane walked into a Utd team that was full of quality. He wouldn't have won much more in this team imo.

Brunos still posted pretty great numbers in a very ordinary team. Its a shame for him as he could have won a heap of medals in a decent side.

Bruno is this generations Bryan Robson. A world class player in a team with a couple of okay players and then mostly dross.

Except Robson was absolutely worshiped by United fans, and Bruno gets mauled by a significant portion of the fan base. There's enough things wrong with Utd without going to town one of the few bright lights.
Robson used to arrive late in the box from Midfield Nollaig. Most people watching matches follow the ball, especially on TV.
While you think he looks great you don't realise the lines behind him are being broken.
I have been critical of this for nearly two years.
Players have zones to operate in, you don't break from that zone unless you know you are covered. Bruno spends most of his game getting ahead of his forwards. That leaves you with a 4 - 2 - 4. Midfield is then exposed and to make it worse the defence doesn't step up to protect the space.
I'm not shitting you by saying most people that played the game can tell you these simple facts. It wouldnt be allowed to happen in a U-7s game.

Bruno is a fabulous player.

He’s been Utd’s best perfomer since Ferguson left.

Utd had a reasonably good period under Olè where the team had a bit of structure and Fernandes was outstanding.

In a properly functioning team he might be tasked with less of the gung-ho stuff and his chance creation numbers might suffer a bit in favour of keeping the ball.

In his time at utd it’s almost solely down to him to make things happen. He’s practically bullet proof, runs all day and is well able to score.

Hate the cunt cos of his fanny acting antics but could easily see him replicating what KDB/Odegaard do at city/arsenal where the coaches and other midfielders know what they’re doing.

Saying Bruno is the problem at Utd is like saying the music was the problem on the titanic

And the junior players are supposed to look up to him for guidance???

I suppose that solves the question of wtf happened to poor Rashford
Yeah, put Rashford in a top team like City, Arsenal or Liverpool and he’d absolutely tear it up.
But like Maguire and Shaw, he’s been bullied by his own fans, after feeding half the fucking city too. Pricks.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Open Streets: Boolaboom Busking
Cornmarket Centre, Cornmarket St.

19th May 2024 @ 1:00 pm
More info..

DJ Jim Comet

The Pav, Today @ 11pm

More events ▼