The Official Man Utd Thread - Part 3.

Hes two years to run in his current deal. Id say they are thinking theres no point in offering a long term deal to a player who will start to decline.

This summer is the time to cash in or risk having to sell him for a much reduced fee or have his contract run down and lose him on a free.

Hes two years to run in his current deal. Id say they are thinking theres no point in offering a long term deal to a player who will start to decline.

This summer is the time to cash in or risk having to sell him for a much reduced fee or have his contract run down and lose him on a free.
Thing with him is though he doesn't rely too much on pace. Most of the sprinting he does is off the ball to get in position or closing down. In a better functioning Utd I could see him lasting another 3 or 4 years at least. I'd be very reluctant to cash in on a character and player like him given how badly we recruit.

Thing with him is though he doesn't rely too much on pace. Most of the sprinting he does is off the ball to get in position or closing down. In a better functioning Utd I could see him lasting another 3 or 4 years at least. I'd be very reluctant to cash in on a character and player like him given how badly we recruit.

Well theres that side of it too.

You had Tony Kroos doing pretty well at 34 last night and Kevin De Bruyne who is 33 in June still performing at the highest level.

I think the player was asked about it and he gave an honest answer.

Id much prefer he stayed but I wouldn't blame him if he focked off.

Last edited:
Well theres that side of it too.

You had Tony Kroos doing pretty well at 34 last night and Kevin De Bruyne who 33 in June still performing at the highest level.

I think the player was asked about it and he gave an honest answer.

Id much prefer he stayed but I wouldn't blame him if he focked off.
There's where he'd go too? Not many clubs outside of PL can afford wages and fee that would be involved. There's not that many options out there for him.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

A Bend In The Road

St. Peters Cork, Today @ 10am

More events ▼