The Official Liverpool Thread - Part 2

Hes a has been.

Not quite at Darwin Nunez choke levels this season but not far off it.

View attachment 31880

12 non penalty goals in the league.

Liverpool were completely mental to turn down the widely reported 200 million offer for him last summer

It was a massive blunder for a player who is well past his best.
That's insane money tbf. You could get 3 top class players for that.

The writing off of players after a bad patch is just typical football fan behaviour really. Last season when things were properly bad, everyone was writing off Liverpool as a has-been and said they wouldn’t be back.

Yet here we are in the middle of April bang in the hunt for a title. And yes it’s maybe not going to happen because City are just completely exceptional but it’s been a superb season under Klopp to this point especially since the big midfield overhaul in the summer.

The reality is that this would be seen as a super season only for the fact Klopp is leaving and that means the transition of the team can’t be completed by the main man. But it doesn’t mean the players can’t improve under a new coach. And writing players off after a bad patch is silly talk and reactionary. How do people think Liverpool got to this point?

Last edited:
Nobody said that Mo's career peak is ahead of him m8.

But you seems to think that he's finished as a player, which I'd disagree with personally (...while also having an open mind if a big bid came in).

I said his best days are behind him.

I think only the seriously blinkered would try to argue otherwise.

The Saudis seem to have wised up to trying to sign over the hill superstars and I dont see anyone stepping in this summer with his wages and him being available on a free in 12 months.

Seriously bad business from Fenway not to cash in last summer.

I think we should sell him in the summer. We’ll get a lot less down the line If we don’t. He’s been off form since Afcon. Not saying he won’t produce the goods again. He’s been great for Liverpool but we need to start looking at younger players if we want to be challenging for more than a year down the line.

Jota doing well, Nunez may eventually come good. He runs like someone demented and contributes a lot apart from the obvious misses. Could do with another striker and a some backup for Virgil. He’s also had a good season but not sure how long we can rely on him to produce the goods week in week out. The league is punishing these days especially if you’re involved in multiple competitions and add in the extra teams in the champions league and anyone over 28/29 will be struggling to play regularly.

Klopp is leaving Liverpool in a very poor state indeed. He could see writing was in the wall and both the team and klopp himself look worn out, bedraggled and a pale shadow of what they were. They will struggle for years to come and the rot has already started.

Rumored lineup Alisson Alexander-Arnold, Quansah, Van Dijk, Roberston, Endo, Gravenberch, Elliott; Jota , Gapko, Diaz. Klopp is taking the piss at this stage.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Cork's Primetime Comedy Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

29th Jun 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

NewEra

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 11pm

More events ▼