The Official Liverpool Thread - Part 2

That was sweet. Wasn’t confident before the game but that’s a nice win with a lot of players rested. Roll on Wednesday when we’ll hopefully be looking to capitalize on dropped points by Arsenal!

That was sweet. Wasn’t confident before the game but that’s a nice win with a lot of players rested. Roll on Wednesday when we’ll hopefully be looking to capitalize on dropped points by Arsenal!
A solid win. A less chaotic game despite being 1-1 for a while. Jota taking a chance to kill the game at 2-1. That’s what we needed in the last month but didn’t have.

It was nothing special but it was enough. Everton away midweek. Have to win all the games and hope for a shock somewhere else but the minimum is to uphold our side of the challenge.

Really needed that 3rd. Not that Fulham were particularly threatening, but there's always the risk as the game edged into the last 20.

Gakpo has been the best of the front 3 today. Linked well, carried well and got a few shots off.
Gakpo has been much improved the last few games.
I keep forgetting Gravenberch is only 21 as well. New league after an unsettled few seasons in Munich.

I wouldn't be throwing the baby out with the bathwater just yet.

Couldn’t disagree more. Alisson would have been in the exact same spot, if not even higher because that’s how Klopp wants his keeper. The passing distance should never be too far from the centre halves who were on halfway and the expectancy would not at all have been for Quansah to tee Fernandes up for a first time shot.

If Alisson was in the same spot and saves it then he gets a red. Good keepers aren’t too common these days and Kelleher has been superb when called upon. Today is not a day for questioning him.

Today the fault lay at the hands of the attackers for not finishing the game off. We could have even done damage to the GD but instead harmed our own points difference.

Not in our own hands anymore but need to keep chasing it down. Anything can happen but City and Arsenal are not going to offer the same chaos we do.

Nunez has improved but not enough. He’s consistently a chaos merchant but his finishing and link up play is consistently inconsistent. But there is improvement from last season for certain. He won’t get another season under Klopp and his future will be determined by the new manager, as with everyone else really.

He has to do better in front of goal at times but his contribution to the way the side has played has been a positive overall this season. Not sure you could say the same for Hojlund, even if he’s raw, 3 years younger and in a worse side.

I saw Carragher tweeted saying we can play a completely changed XI in the second leg now and focus on the league.

I wouldn’t do that. I’m not saying we will come back from that hefty deficit but I would give it a proper rattle in the second leg. Get the first goal and anything can happen. And I think Klopp will give it a go too but we really just need a good performance and win on Sunday, first and foremost.

The chaos is catching up with us I think.

I’m not sure what you interpreted my post as but I think Klopp should go strong next week in the return leg and give it a rattle. It’s a long shot but you’d never know.

Definitely need to be more clinical. Sunday was a prime example of it. There are lots of chances being squandered. I would venture to say that it was the defending(3 changes) was the issue tonight though, even if the attackers also failed to score. There’s just too much chaos and no control in games, coughing up lots of chances to opposition teams. A beating like this was maybe due and without a few saves from Kelleher, could even have been worse.

Need a performance and win on Sunday. Next Thursday will take care of itself after that if confidence can be risen again.

Invest in a thesaurus m8.

I keep forgetting Gravenberch is only 21 as well. New league after an unsettled few seasons in Munich.

I wouldn't be throwing the baby out with the bathwater just yet.

No doubt he's got a lot of talent. Real smooth mover with the ball and technically strong so links well with those around him.

But he's competing for minutes largely with all-rounders like Curtis & Szoboszlai who are no slouches going forward but are more robust defensively and don't tend to miss too many games.

Next season he'll be on to his 4th manager in 4 years across Bayern & Liverpool, which isn't easy at a young age. It'll be a chance for him to impress, on even terms with everyone else, but if I had to take a punt I don't think he'll see out his current contract (ends summer 2028).

Rumour mill in over drive now. Amorims agent buying a place in Liverpool and both Inacio and Gyokeres being linked.

I'm actually going to be in Porto next weekend and they happen to be at home to Sporting on Sunday night. Quick Google search and tickets are in the 100 euro price range.

Rumour mill in over drive now. Amorims agent buying a place in Liverpool and both Inacio and Gyokeres being linked.

Inacio I like the look of, and Liverpool are very much in need of a centre-back. Matip and (surely, finally?) Phillips will be out the door this summer.

Gyokeres I'm less convinced about. Certainly knows where the goal & good @ linking the play but he is a bit of a blunt battering ram. Not so sure that he'll be able to bull though PL defences half as easily.

I'm actually going to be in Porto next weekend and they happen to be at home to Sporting on Sunday night. Quick Google search and tickets are in the 100 euro price range.

Stop talking to us and book! (y)

No doubt he's got a lot of talent. Real smooth mover with the ball and technically strong so links well with those around him.

But he's competing for minutes largely with all-rounders like Curtis & Szoboszlai who are no slouches going forward but are more robust defensively and don't tend to miss too many games.

Next season he'll be on to his 4th manager in 4 years across Bayern & Liverpool, which isn't easy at a young age. It'll be a chance for him to impress, on even terms with everyone else, but if I had to take a punt I don't think he'll see out his current contract (ends summer 2028).
The issue with Gravenberch, and many players his age, is that he’s often too passive. You can’t be passive in a team that wants to press. Klopp wants intensity at all times and often he doesn’t show that.

He’s tidy with the ball and has moments of class but I’m not sure he’s the sort of guy who will take you to a title by playing regularly. Good squad option but that’s about it. As of now anyway. Clear potential for improvement but I don’t think he will become a regular for Liverpool.

Ya, he's a bit languid. Arguably not a prototype Klopp player...but he's had a settling in season in the PL and might find a niche under the new manager.

But given his age the club probably won't make a big loss on him if he does move on in a year or two.

The issue with Gravenberch, and many players his age, is that he’s often too passive. You can’t be passive in a team that wants to press. Klopp wants intensity at all times and often he doesn’t show that.

He’s tidy with the ball and has moments of class but I’m not sure he’s the sort of guy who will take you to a title by playing regularly. Good squad option but that’s about it. As of now anyway. Clear potential for improvement but I don’t think he will become a regular for Liverpool.

Would you describe his performances as 'chaotic'?

Lol

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

22nd May 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..

A Bend In The Road

St. Peters Cork, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼