The Official Golf Thread

why can't you get out scrumpy, not that bad conditions there today, it would have to be a right bar storm to stop me playing

A broken tibia and fibia means I'd be slower than a ladies fourball for the next 3 months. Its kinda hard to coordinate the swing and the crutches

It's a long one alright. I'd rather a long Par 5 than a long Par 4 though. Kinsale has a few monstrous Par 4's actually. The 17th especially is a ferocious hole for your average Joe golfer (me). About 450 yards with a tiny island(ish) green. Water all across the front and right and half the back. Out of bounds close left of and behind back of the green. Unless your a serious hitter then you are looking at a very long iron/wood into the green and it's very hard to hold. Most people lay up at which point you're relying on the up and down from about 50 which isn't too common. So pretty much a guarenteed bogey and if you get it wrong a good score can fall apart just before the end. The 3rd and 7th are tough f*ckers as well and it's ALWAYS windy down there. Actually now that I think of it it's probably the toughest course I've played (along with the Island). It'll be a monster when the trees actually grow to maturity. -AmadeusDC-

Have you played 17 at the old head? Nice 575 (625 off the blues) par 5, with a blind approach.

Oh yeah Sully i forgot about that tournament in Adare, muss check that out. dying to see him in action. could head to Lanchashire for the The Open Championship but probably wouldn't even be able to catch Tiger walking not to mind hitting a ball, heard he plays Waterville alright the week before The Open. anyone know when that JP competition is played?

A broken tibia and fibia means I'd be slower than a ladies fourball for the next 3 months. Its kinda hard to coordinate the swing and the crutches

How did you manage that Scrumpy, man i reckon i'd be one fucker to live with if i was in your situation. "i loves me golf so i do"

How did you manage that Scrumpy, man i reckon i'd be one fucker to live with if i was in your situation. "i loves me golf so i do"

gaa match a couple of weeks ago. Wont be able to golf for about 5/6 months and if i can football again it'll be 12 to 18 months for that

i reckon i'd be more dissapointed over the golf rather than the GAA. your membership in Macroom will be a quiet one this year.

chalk that down i only paid it 2 days before the break too like. hopefully we've a good autumn and i can get out then as the masters is finishing up

I'm off the blue tees in waterock on sunday...looking forward to it
Lee Valley is a very nice course
Blarney is nice aswell but it's very young and there's 1 or 2 stupid holes.
The back 9 is way different from the front (I'd say Daly hit the JD then :D ).

Any other offers knocking around the place?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

9th May 2024 @ 1:00 pm
More info..

Shlomo Franklin

The Richmond Revival, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼